The Dark Mod Forums

Voice acting request:

Bikerdude

For anyone interested, I'll happily do some vocal work for those who want it. I did the voice on SeriousToni's fantastic mission if anyone is looking for an idea of what I sound like. I keep meaning to do a sample set for TDM but never seem to get around to it. (I hav e some time this weekend, maybe I'll do it then)

We started something like that, but it isn't well maintained: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/12556-voice-actors/

We started something like that, but it isn't well maintained: http://forums.thedar...6-voice-actors/

I guess I should have been looking after that thread, doh. Springs can you clean up the thread please, or can you give me author access to that thread so I can clean it myself?

I have cleaned up and edited the first post.

You mentioned the campaign, Biker. I assume you are referring to the Crucible campaign. What kind of characters might need doing there? I'm interested.

For anyone interested, I'll happily do some vocal work for those who want it. I did the voice on SeriousToni's fantastic mission if anyone is looking for an idea of what I sound like.

Can you guys drop a post over on the available voice actors thread if that's ok?

- http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/12556-list-of-available-voice-actors/

Can you guys drop a post over on the available voice actors thread if that's ok?

I'm expecting it might change soon -- because indications leave me supposing that "Deceptive Shadows" is the mission I made my recordings for; and SH says that'll be out tomorrow -- but, as of yet, I can't even put anything down in the first info-box, "Experience"!

Does this mean we might hear a guard walk past, in some future update, muttering about 'how it's just a thing'? :laugh:

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

You will always hear this guard because he never stops talking :P

OMG! It would be so great vocal set. The Talker. This is what it would sound like when he is walking by you:

"...why do I always have to be the one who patrols this stupid route the other guys get the better ones here I am again don't know how many times walking this same stupid route I'm hungry the uniform is too tight my legs hurt I'm hungry the boss is always griping about guard duty I'm a guard not a wizard I can't be in all places at the same time stupid taffer at least the missus is sometimes nice enough to share some fun but here I am walking all alone...

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Biker or someone... over on darkfate.ru, in the "Deceptive Shadows" thread, Shadowhide is asked if this mission has Russian translation. He had to reply that there is no Russian version. This is not good. But it is good in that I had been thinking earlier that this would maybe be a good and fun and useful opportunity to try something: I would love to, if given a phonetic-translation script, do my vocals in Russian! If the rest of us non-Russian speakers would do the same it seems it would be really cool to do so. As you can see there are only maybe 2 or 3 non-Russian speaking people amongst the voice actors. Hopefully we could pull it off? And as for the rest -- the other voices and texts -- since (I assume) Shadowhide is Russian, he would have no trouble translating and voicing those bits...

I really think it would be great to have this mission serve the Russian FM "community" well, as the FM author is the pioneer of Russian built TDM FMs; and, of course, despite his (fatigued-based? usual? faux-nihilist? ;)) claims stating otherwise, is going to continue to be Russia's most prolific FM author.

Copied from the "Deceptive Shadows" announce thread in hopes that it will be seen here by Biker (or The Someone).

Yew kood speek rushun tho ...givun uh fonetik skripped! :D

Please no phonemic scripts.. I recently played a game called Company Of Heroes (thanks to a kind forum member here) in english. The germans speak "german" (I loled everytime I clicked a german soldier). (Nevertheless the game is awesome, but the german voice acting is just funny)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

So, because something doesn't work perfectly on the one occasion you've experienced it in... it should never be tried again? No more slave rebellions. No more medicinal therapies. No more calendars. No more expeditions...

Why are some people determined to nix and nip attempts to translate missions?

This won't affect you at all. I think it would be worthwhile, doable and fun. And it will not affect you at all, SeriousToni. Lighten up! You might even get a "lol" out of it. And the guy who was hoping for a Russian version might, on the other hand, appreciate it.

No it's not that I don't want to have this again after playing one game that were used phonemic scripts in and it ended up in a lol orgie, but it is because each movie / series / game I saw / palyed this was the case. So I guess if someone who doesn't speak this language as his mothertongue it is always silly to do, yes. And I guess bikerdude doesn't have lived his life in russia :P

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager