The Dark Mod Forums

bubble vision

keshka4life1

Do you have an ATI graphic card?

Do these entries help you?

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=FAQ#Graphic_Corruption

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

AMD bought ATI, so all AMD graphic cards are former ATI cards now :) (I guess we should mention this in the FAQ?)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Could be a FOV issue? I've had the ATI/AMD problems and I don't ever recall feeling it looked squeezed... feeling the character was drunk out of his mind and staggering sideways yes, but squeezed vision no

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Can you plz record this with Fraps and put it on YT? Would be nice to see if that was some exotic bug.

Another option would be to use RadeonPro to disable Catalyst AI. Just search the Wiki for RadeonPro, you'll find all necessary info there.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds like an aspect ratio problem I've been having, The world isn't completely insane after the latest Catalyst updates, but it looks very squeezed together, almost like the screen is supposed to be many times larger! This only applies to the 3D world, the light gem is fine. Also it only applies at certain resolutions, sadly those are the same resolutions I can run without the game sticking a couple centimetres outside the sides of the screen. My aspect Ratio is 16:9 and it is set to that in game, so I don't understand what's wrong.

I'd gladly record a video of it if I had enough space for that. I don't have a single gigabyte free at the moment.

You may need to edit your autoexec.cfg (if you have one, or make one if you don't) and put the resolution and aspect ratio in there.

Mine is in c:\games\doom 3\base

r_mode -1

r_customWidth 4320

r_customHeight 900

That's mine, replace my numbers with yours, the mode -1 stays the same. Do this with Notepad, save as files - all types, call it autoexec.cfg

Does this help?

• 3 weeks later...

That'll fix it too, but for me, I must have all the shinies, so the more complex fix was in order. Either way, hopefully the OP's issue has been resolved.