The Dark Mod Forums

Needed for Standalone: Animated Werebeast

Springheel

The upper red box is the collision model for the head. While it moves correctly so it lays on the floor, the head does not move with it, although all the bones of the head are part of said body.

This may have something to do with the fact that the head is attached to the body, which isn't the case for most of our models. I remember when using a D3 zombie that had an attached head his head was non-solid to arrows, and I had to def_attach an invisible bounding box to it to register collisions. No idea if that's what's going on here but it's possible. I know very little about AFs, and can't address the other issues.

• 1 month later...

It's paused. The restriction setup for the ragdoll is very messy, especially as most of the preview options from doom3 doesn't seem to work (properly) anymore.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Does the werebeast really need a separate model and rig?

We have the beast head, don't we?

Could the werebeast simply be a reskinned and propped (def_attach some fur) standard TDM guard with new animations?

A werewolf with a more human shape, but feral animations (goes on all fours and sniffes the AI). Same animations could be used for, say, insane townsfolk.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

That's something we could do additionally. But it would be a shame to throw away the model made by Diego. Doing the restrictions is more ore less the last step to get it working in game, it's just very clumsy, and I got carried away with real life stuff. Except some minor experiments here and there everything TDM related is currently on hold, whichs sucks like hell, but I can't change it.

I have six weeks of in summer, which should give me enough time to regenerate my energy and motivation to spend a lot of time in TDM again, what is something I'm really longing for. It's a shame if you can't do what you want simple due to a lack of motivation and/or energy. :(

• 8 months later...
It's paused. The restriction setup for the ragdoll is very messy, especially as most of the preview options from doom3 doesn't seem to work (properly) anymore.

Could you run these tests in an earlier version of TDM (probably pre 2.0)? Or go back to D3 itself? Didn't D3 come with an af_editor?

https://www.iddevnet.com/doom3/editor_af.php

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
should be able to upload a version for testing purposes within the next two days.

Did you run into problems?

• Like 1

The werebeast currently has:

walk

melee attack

idle

He needs, at a bare minimum:

pain

running

searching

Ideally, it would be nice to have:

random idles (to break up the current idle loop)

alternate melee attacks

This is the pk4 Obstortte posted that has the relevant TDM files. Not sure if the blender file is among them. http://www.mediafire.com/file/hkxpq6t66sbly34/werebeast.pk4

I really like that antler guy, especially with the antlers, they really make it and give it an other worldliness.

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

I also need to setup the ik. Haven't done that yet. But if you are working on the werebeast anyways you can do that, too, if you like to. :)

Hm, I have never done that before, but I am sure I can find a tutorial. Anyway, it appears, that I would need the original blender file. In the pk4 Springheel provided, there is only the md5mesh, but the md5 importer does not work with my current blender version. By the way, in which version was the werebeast created? It might be necessary for me to get an older version in order to avoid complications...

• Like 1

He posted a status update a few days ago. You could try replying to that.

I have been summoned!

I still have the links I shared here on my dropbox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8011761/UpdatedWereBeast.rar

Then there's this other file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8011761/werebeast_idle.md5anim I'm not sure why it's separataed though.

The catch is that it's not blender. It's a 3ds max file.

I have no idea why I can't receive PMs though. I'll see what my settings panel says.

• Like 2