The Dark Mod Forums

[SOLVED] Problem on update => 1.08

Ladro

I Launched linux update, he downloaded the new updater, and relaunched automatically, nice :-D

The new script downloaded the incremental part needed (138 MB about), but when finioshed, and try to update the differential package downloaded, then i have this error:

Applying differential update package...

[======= ] 32.0% Checking: tdtdm_update.linux: /home/rand/Desktop/Doom3/TDMSource/darkmod_src_branch_108/darkmod_src/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp:418: T* boost::shared_ptr<T>::operator->() const [with T = tdm::ZipFileWrite]: Assertion `px != 0' failed.

[======== ] 35.0% Preparing PK4: tdm_prefabs01.pk4

Abort signal received, trying to exit gracefully

I see that path on the script it's not right (/home/rand/Desktop..., my home directory it's not /rand), maybe the problem it's there.

I see also that on the error log say: "Checking: tdtdm_update.linux" the updater file name it's bad.

Any suggestion?

Edited by Ladro

I'm trying the windows updater in wine in the hope the final file tree is the same, you can see my problems after updating in the impressions thread (probably not the best place for it, bit of a party pooper, maybe the posts should be moved). Will tell you if i have problems.

I have a 64 bit machine though, if it makes a difference.

Edited by i30817

Well, it installed the update for me. When trying to run:

...5 aas types

game initialized.

--------------------------------------

Parsing material files

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::filesystem2::basic_filesystem_error<boost::filesystem2::basic_path<std::string, boost::filesystem2::path_traits> > > >'

what(): boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: No such file or directory: "/home/i30817/.doom3/darkmod/fms/"

Aborted (core dumped)

The game really really wants to run with things in ~/.doom3. A symlink there will probably work and i'm going to try it.

Edited by i30817

Ok, got it to run, but ... not well. Reminded me why i only played this in wine.

Anyway, torches have a non-transparency problem (black nimbus)

confirm/deny? Updating drivers now (Ati).

No sound even with pasuspender.

Fucks with the resolution after getting out (the resolution is my desktop 16:9, 1366x768, which, btw, is the only way to set the game (same resolution as desktop) if you don't want the menu to look like ass due to some kind of filtering.)

But when it exits is suddenly turns into another 16:9 : 1026X600. Unsatisfactory, may need a bash file bashing.

How do you turn off the default 'mission started' popup? Highly annoying since i had the attack button disabled

edit: ah!

seta tdm_player_wait_until_ready "0"

Edited by i30817

I canceled the incremental package (136 MB), and re-downloaded all.

And nothing, when applying the update i have always the error from the beginning.

Now i try to manually edit the script.

Edit: nothing, i cannot solve the problem :-(

I also tried to remove all .doom3 directory, re-install all doom3 there from scratch, updated, and there run tdm_update.linux, but always with the same error when apply the incremental update downloaded.

I think there is some problem on the script (the default path that the script try to use)

Nobody has this problem with Linux?

Edit2:

I solved today: I deleted *all* doom3 stuff, created a new directory /.doom3/darkmod, copied the TDM_updater4linux there, and launched.

It crashed/stopped 2-3 times on download. Re-Launched every time, it ended ok the installation, without any error!

So now it works the main menu, and i'm completely without doom3 installation :-D

I launched training mission and it works!

(but with a lot of graphical bug, no trasparency on flames, gliches, black textures, etc etc)

Anyway, i'm happy that at least now i can launch the main menu, first step done ;-)

Edited by Ladro

Ok, got it to run, but ... not well. Reminded me why i only played this in wine.

Anyway, torches have a non-transparency problem (black nimbus)

confirm/deny? Updating drivers now (Ati).

No sound even with pasuspender.

Fucks with the resolution after getting out (the resolution is my desktop 16:9, 1366x768, which, btw, is the only way to set the game (same resolution as desktop) if you don't want the menu to look like ass due to some kind of filtering.)

But when it exits is suddenly turns into another 16:9 : 1026X600. Unsatisfactory, may need a bash file bashing.

How do you turn off the default 'mission started' popup? Highly annoying since i had the attack button disabled

edit: ah!

seta tdm_player_wait_until_ready "0"

I confirm graphical bugs on torches and trasparency.

The only resolution that i can use it's my native resolution of the screen 1920x1080 all other res it's a mess.

I have a lot of black/not present textures in some areas (maybe it's because i don't have doom3 base directory installed?)

The only resolution that i can use it's my native resolution of the screen 1920x1080 all other res it's a mess.

I have a lot of black/not present textures in some areas (maybe it's because i don't have doom3 base directory installed?)

At the moment TDM needs the Doom3 base PK4s - without that, a lot of missions will crash upon load and others will show graphical corruptions.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

TDM can not be run without Doom 3 being installed. We are working on making it stand alone, but we're not there yet.

At the moment TDM needs the Doom3 base PK4s - without that, a lot of missions will crash upon load and others will show graphical corruptions.

TDM can not be run without Doom 3 being installed. We are working on making it stand alone, but we're not there yet.

Ok, so the graphical gliches are for that.

Um, so I have to re-install doom3.

Idea: it's possibile to manually insert only the Pk4s needed by TDM in the /base doom3 directory?

(without the total re-installation...I said that because i've lost the doom3 package with serial, i have only the iso cds)

Or TDM needs other things from the Doom3 rather then Pk4s?

Edited by Ladro

What rich says, the PK4s are enough.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Well, it installed the update for me. When trying to run:

...5 aas types

game initialized.

--------------------------------------

Parsing material files

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<:exception_detail::error_info_injector boost::filesystem2::path_traits> > > >'

what(): boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: No such file or directory: "/home/i30817/.doom3/darkmod/fms/"

Aborted (core dumped)

The game really really wants to run with things in ~/.doom3. A symlink there will probably work and i'm going to try it.

Yep, it currently needs to run from ~/.doom3. However, I'm fairly certain that I implemented a fix to make sure that it crashes more gracefully if the 'fms' folder doesn't exist instead of the nasty Boost exception way.

I am the bat. The night is mine.

Yep, it currently needs to run from ~/.doom3. However, I'm fairly certain that I implemented a fix to make sure that it crashes more gracefully if the 'fms' folder doesn't exist instead of the nasty Boost exception way.

Your tip worked!

The magic was to launch all from /.doom3, instead of /darkmod directory as on the past. Now it works perfectly!

(no more glicthes, or graphic error!)

Maybe someone have to change/update the installation instructions on the wiki e and on site.

I have only a wood texture on some bed that don't work/appeare, maybe i'll take a screenshot, but for me the problem (on the beginning of this thread) it's solved: now i can play the 1.08, and i'm very happy :-D

Edited by Ladro