The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: In the North (by grayman) (2012/10/20)

grayman

In the North (by grayman) (2012/10/20)  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance

2. 2. Gameplay

• Poor
    • Could Be Better
    • Average
    • Good
    • Excellent
  3. 3. Story

• Poor
    • Could Be Better
    • Average
    • Good
    • Excellent

Im glad that you are enjoying the mod=) And this awesome mission of course.

And what is even more important, finaly somebody from the czech comunnity who is active on forums. Can you give me some feedback on czech translation? Any found mistakes etc..? (the bad letters in inventory are caused by missing symbols, known problem, but more important things are being handled now by Tels- the only one I know about that is able to create new letters for the font TDM is using))

(Budeme se dohadovat na nasem foru, ok? Nechci to tu zaplavovat ceskymi texty, to by bylo neslusne.)

Edited by PPoe

He was sneeking silently in the night, moonlight was his enemy.

(Im not a native speaker, sorry for all miscleanous caused by my english..)

Im glad that you are enjoying the mod=) And this awesome mission of course.

And what is even more important, finaly somebody from the czech comunnity who is active on forums. Can you give me some feedback on czech translation? Any found mistakes etc..? (the bad letters in inventory are caused by missing symbols, known problem, but more important things are being handled now by Tels- the only one I know about that is able to create new letters for the font TDM is using))

(Budeme se dohadovat na nasem foru, ok? Nechci to tu zaplavovat ceskymi texty, to by bylo neslusne.)

Ok :P :P

Its hard for me to translate, because I didnt play the mission yet, but what I understod so far: He is asking where to find some evidence. That is the last goal he is missing.

He was sneeking silently in the night, moonlight was his enemy.

(Im not a native speaker, sorry for all miscleanous caused by my english..)

Thanks, PPoe.

@jardakrupka,

A father will protect his daughter.

Anyone threatening that daughter will have to be dealt with.

On your way to the Catacombs, there's a small room off to the side.

Look in that room for evidence of a threat to Mary.

How do you get in to the crypt? I have removed all the candles in the chapel. I thought that "replace the candle in the chapel sconce" from Harkoffs notes was a clue. I guess not.

Edited by Sir Taffsalot

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

How do you get in to the crypt? I have removed all the candles in the chapel. I thought that "replace the candle in the chapel sconce" from Harkoffs notes was a clue. I guess not.

Hint -

Look for something small that can move and act as a switch

Bigger hint -

Look at what the candles were sitting on

Well I've already moved all the candles and none of the sconces are frobable so I have no idea. Unless someone can tell me what to do I'm going to have to quit on this one which is a shame. I could noclip in to the tombs but if I have to break the natural flow of an FM by non game means eg noclip then it feels ruined and I cant enjoy it anymore.

• Like 1

The Joker

I really liked this mission :D The Best missions are when I don't get stuck and when the guards are not waring full body armor so I can knock them out :) The sarcophagus I was just

lucky to get it open on the 1st try, but realized if you stand too close to it when it opens it gets stuck and you can't get down the stairs. Luckily I quicksaved before I started that puzzle.

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.

Well that certainly explains why I cant find the correct sconce! Thanks for putting back on track Gman!

I almost fell to the same trap. I too first looked around the church. After cursory inspection of the church sconces I checked the map and realized I was in the wrong place. ;)

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Well, the Willam Steele campaign certainly had an impressive start. Nice work Gman! I'm actually quite impressed with how big this campaign is and that your doing all the work yourself. Are you not worried about getting burnout? Best of luck with this campaign Gman and I look forward to your next installment.

The Joker

Boy this mission is good. After my move my main computer is straight out of the packing case to finish it. :D Well done again grayman.