The Dark Mod Forums

DR 1.8.0 freezes when loading.

I've been having the "takes minutes to load shaders" problem for quite a while now. When I first mentioned it, folks said they weren't seeing the problem, and it must be my system.

I've never had it freeze, but waiting 3-4 mins for shaders to be loaded is a productivity killer.

The only solution I can offer is that if you know you're about to load a large map, kill DR and restart it. Then the shaders will load quickly.

Lately, I've been experiencing a several-minute hang when turning filters on and off. This didn't start until 1.8.0.

Lately, I've been experiencing a several-minute hang when turning filters on and off. This didn't start until 1.8.0.

Yeah the previous version 1.7.2 didnt have this issue.

I've that OrbWeaver is about as he posted on another thread -

@ Orbs can you take a look into this..? Stifu updated DR from 1.7.2 to 1.8.0pre and that's the version Gman and myself have been having issue with.

If you haven't already, it'd be best to just create an issue on the bugtracker for that, grayman. Sounds like something serious.

By any chance, do you guys have spaces in your D3-dir? I had some delay problems with the preferences dialog, which I believe were (partially at least) caused by spaces in my D3-dir.

If you haven't already, it'd be best to just create an issue on the bugtracker for that, grayman. Sounds like something serious.

By any chance, do you guys have spaces in your D3-dir? I had some delay problems with the preferences dialog, which I believe were (partially at least) caused by spaces in my D3-dir.

My D3 lives in C:\Program Files (x86)\Doom 3\. This was where D3 installed itself by default.

This is a problem? I've only had the long delays since 1.7.1.

I also have long delays on the Preferences->Game window. Anything I type in there freezes the screen for a couple minutes.

My D3 lives in C:\Program Files (x86)\Doom 3\. This was where D3 installed itself by default.

This is a problem? I've only had the long delays since 1.7.1.

I also have long delays on the Preferences->Game window. Anything I type in there freezes the screen for a couple minutes.

Mine is D:\Doom\Darkmod etc

And like gman its been that way since DR 1.4 and Ive ned had these delays, gman are you gonna do the bug-tracker or shall i..?

That's issue #3245, which is fixed by now. These issues shouldn't be correlated however.

Mine is D:\Doom\Darkmod etc

Ok, it was worth a shot.

gman are you gonna do the bug-tracker or shall i..?

Being a programmer himself, I guess grayman would probably be able to identify usefull information on this matter a little better. (Not meaning to step on your toes here though, BD.)

Being a programmer himself, I guess grayman would probably be able to identify usefull information on this matter a little better. (Not meaning to step on your toes here though, BD.)

Not at all mista, you and Gman know far more and are better placed to look into this. Although as OrbWeaver is now around maybe we should ask him..?