The Dark Mod Forums

gamma reset every two minutes

caedes

hi guys,

great new version! but i have one annoying problem: every 2minutes (sometimes even just 30secs) the gamma changes to a very dark picture. if i click at the gamma-bar in the menu and move the value a tiny bit, it gets back to normal.

it doesent matter if im ingame or just in the menu. i played every official version of tdm and i didnt change anything about my system and i never had this problem before.

any idea?

- Do you have aligned your gamma in your graphic's card driver? If yes, switch it to 1.

- Do you get the same issues fullscreen/windowed?

- Do you have some sort of injecter like enbseries or sikkmod installed?

- Maybe ppdate your driver... which one do you use and which graphics card?

I don't know how to solve your problem, but here's a temporary (more pleasant) solution.

When you have your gamma how you like it, pull down the console (ctrl alt `)

Now type r_gamma and hit enter to see your current gamma setting. Now pick a key you want to bind and type something like bind g r_gamma 1.x, where 1.x is your preferred gamma. During gameplay, when your gamma gets screwed up, just hit g to set it back.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

You're supposed to use thedarkmod.exe. On the subject of exes, what graphics card do you have and what utilities for it are running in the background? Could one of these utilities be resetting your gamma? Does it happen if you play Vanilla Doom 3?

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

caedes: When the gamma resets, could you please open the console and look at r_gamma? Is this value the same that you use, or was it changed?

(If r_gamme stays but the screen changes, it is some external program. If r_gamma also changes, that it must be something inside TDM doing the change).

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Oh dear. I found this thread with someone having a similiar problem (in Quake3 I believe), and no fix in sight.

Since you have an ATI card, maybe this helps:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02848104&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5118781

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax