The Dark Mod Forums

Hitman 5 - next gen stealth game

i30817

Oh dear. That nun video sends a distinct message about the type the game is aimed towards.

Mastermind: "We need to take out 47."

Lackey: "What shall we do? Get the SWAT on him? Maybe some mercenaries? I know a couple of skilled assassins..."

Mastermind: "No. Send in a bunch of 25 year old model student chicks. Tell them to wear no armor. The less the better. Tell them to not cover their backs and go in in a stupid formation in which a single grenade wipes them all out."

Lackey: "Umm.. All... righty.. You are the boss.."

• Like 2

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I always thought that the Hitman games walked a fine line between being a classy game and being outright ridiculous. It would appear that that line is nowhere to be seen anymore.

Also are they using the same engine that they were using 10 years ago? The graphics look terribly dated. TDM looks much superior by comparison

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

I always thought that the Hitman games walked a fine line between being a classy game and being outright ridiculous. It would appear that that line is nowhere to be seen anymore.

That's exactly how I always felt about hitman. And the cinematics were always fantastic! this is the most disappointing of them all. Next hitman we'll also see gigantic swords.

cant see it as next gen stealth game, in the top video he gets penalised for being seen and shooting non targets, and it looks too much like a 2d game as in cant he climb onto stuff, plus its on a console, taken from a ps3 magazine, but looks like its the xbox which is out of date. That bottom video looks like its cgi, and xbox sometimes pass that off as actual gameplay. There's a massive graphics drop in quality between the bottom video and the top video.

What the.. Why did nobody mention sh*tty stuff like the arrows that show you when a person is near, or the "Warning: Visibly Armed", or the "Warning: Near Body" or the you don't have to aim and shoot, you just have to click on the enemy and I'll shoot them for you thing ?! I stopped watching - this looks horribly easy and boring..

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

What the.. Why did nobody mention sh*tty stuff like the arrows that show you when a person is near, or the "Warning: Visibly Armed", or the "Warning: Near Body" or the you don't have to aim and shoot, you just have to click on the enemy and I'll shoot them for you thing ?! I stopped watching - this looks horribly easy and boring..

We were convinced it's probably a shitty game before that :P

as I've read most of the stuff like those instinct bullshit (allowing you to see enemies in the whole area or this multikill stuff) can be turned of

so probably it isn't that worse

but IMO it will be much easier than ye old games, as this seems to be in somehow

I've played Hitman 2 and 4 (silent assassin and blood money) and I think 4 was much easier than 2, which was quite a challenge under the highest difficulty level (I always play under the highest difficulty setting except RPG's as they tend to get frustrating then)

It seems to me that publishers just don't have the guts to release games that are difficult and challenging nowadays

And although there is all this kickstarter stuff right now, it is also just the same stuff released under the flag of independence (or AAA independence, hah, if I want independence I want a good game, not an AAA game which weren't good in the last couple of years)

so to sum this up... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Yeah, Hitman became easier from game to game. Hitman 1 is not really playable anymore when you consider the level of gaming comfort of today. :) I still consider Hitman Bloodmoney the best part in the series however and I definitely WILL try Hitman 5. Hitman is my favorite game series, yes, I even favor it over Thief and TDM, sorry everyone! ^^

Oh and if you think modern games are too easy, try dark souls! ;)

Ok, the nuns were the first move towards the abyss, earlier they said they want to make game more open to new players(read: console kids). Now we see this fight... the fuck...?

My only hope is that at least they keep their promise and there is a stealth way for every mission... people who played - be honest...

I just took all my strength and watched the part with the nuns. What the.. ?!

I really wonder what was the concept of all this crap. Why the nuns?

And the last scene, where he first closes her eyes like the good guys do in respect of their victims and then after the cut he stands in front of the flames like he is raising from hell as the devil himself.

I believe the makers just said: "Let's do something with nuns who transform into female assassins. Oh and a big explosion and fire in the background!"

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

People, cinematic trailers almost never have anything to do with the actual game. That nun trailer ist VERY old. It was one of those trailers whose only purpose was to let you know: "Hey 47 will be back soon, so watch this small cinematic trailer that is (much like the Hitman movie) nothing like the actual game, but you will enjoy it anyway, just because you haven't heard anything from 47 in such a long time." ;)

Yeah, Hitman became easier from game to game. Hitman 1 is not really playable anymore when you consider the level of gaming comfort of today. :) I still consider Hitman Bloodmoney the best part in the series however and I definitely WILL try Hitman 5. Hitman is my favorite game series, yes, I even favor it over Thief and TDM, sorry everyone! ^^

It's hard to fault you for loving Hitman, but I will say: todays game devs that are engaging in IP-rape of great franchises are counting on attitudes like this to entice both the older hardcore generation and the newer casual vikaden-induced gamers to maximize the demographic for their crud. If you MUST play it, at least pirate it first, and decide if you really want to buy the game. Don't reward them if they don't deserve it.

If you MUST play it, at least pirate it first, and decide if you really want to buy the game. Don't reward them if they don't deserve it.

Voting with your feet or wallet is alright... If you want to make a statement, simply don't buy stuff from the boycotted companies.

BUT!

Piracy is not the way. It simply is not acceptable in any situation and it is not good form to suggest others to engage in illegal activities just to make a statement. (And it is not even a statement. It is about getting to play the game for free, a selfish act, not a statement.)

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Regardless of the outcome of the discussion that is going to follow ungoliant's post, I would like to stay on topic... ;)

If you look past the instinct mode and other dumb features which you can just decide not to use, you notice that this game offers you a whole lot of more options to do what 47's gotta do. There are new ways of blending and so on, which in my oppinion is great. I must admit, I got really excited by the first gameplay trailer shown on E3. 47 disguised as a police officer, covering his face when other policemen walk by etc. It all felt so authentic and engaging, that I couldn't help but feel sucked in! And then, when 47 disappeared into the crowd at the end and the music set in, I was completely blown away and fell in love with this franchise once again. Let's just hope it won't be as disappointing as the last two times when I was so excited about a sequel (DX 2, Oblivion). :)

(Note: I am the biggest Hitman-fanboy you could ever imagine. ^^ I watched the crappy movie twice in the cinema, one time even wearing a red tie :D )

That ave maria playing feels like they didn't really know what they were doing. It made sense before, there it just seems like they were trying to blindly cram together random elements usually associated with hitman. "Put some classical shit there. Yeah that's very hitman-y!"

• Like 1

Alright, I can confirm that the rating system is total bullshit in this game.

Silent Assassin "rank", and all ratings, are now a function of points. The points are a function of how many level challenges you've completed + difficulty mode + SA "bonus". ghosting easy mode with no challenges yields lower rating than shoot'em up massacre in purist mode with all challenges complete (some of which are lethal or alert the AI). The challenges are permanently unlocked the first time you get them, so it doesn't even need to be in the same playthru. Additionally, some levels, like the first level, you cannot even get the SA rank no matter what.... seriously, wtf.

Edited by ungoliant

Did i mention that 3/4 of the game is not ranked or rated at all? In other words, once you get all the challenges done, you could replay the whole game in purist mode, kill everything that lives in the noisiest way possible during 3/4 of the game, and still get SA in every mission (that allows a possible SA rating)

in a graphical sense I've just seen the hitman advert on HDtv at the bottom it says taken from PC gameplay and CGI video, it dont look good, must be awful on consoles. As they usually use the xbox version of the game to make tv adverts.

It just looks like when the hitman in crouched, he can't be seen by anyone.