• Four Stars
    • Five Stars
  2. 2. Gameplay Quality

• One Star
    • Two Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Five Stars
  3. 3. Aesthetics (Visuals, Story, Audio)

• One Star
    • Two Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Five Stars

• 2 weeks later...

A little update on my wip.

All AI are in place, scripts are in place and working. Monsterclipping is done.

Next:

Write readables.objectives. Fine tune plot. Some voice acting scripts should be written. Test and finetune RIT AI. Briefing. Maps. Mapper testing. Beta testing.

Lots of work still, but progress is progress.

As a bonus I figured out the workflow for roq-video briefings. These might be handy and maybe take one step towards the original thief cutscenes. They are like time flowing briefings, but easy to prepare with your favourite movie making software like kdenlive.

It was oddly satisfying to get something silly I recorded with my smart phone to run after the dark mod logo animation as the mission briefing... :D

Maybe one day we will have some amateur theater acting seen in briefings and debriefings? ;)

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Yeah, WIP. I didn't worked on it for a while now. I'm not quite sure I will be able to finish it until deadline, it really depends on real life.

Anyways, I have another idea for an unusual FM, so maybe I'll start this if time runs too short for the other one and release the latter as a "normal" FM.

I should really stop trying to make big FM's. -_-

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly report:

Readables are completely in game. Player voice-overs all completely implemented. Dummy objectives are in (need still to make them do something, but that is trivial.) Starting final touches.

In-game maps found their way in game. I'm particularily pleased in these. I am one of those fellows who are utterly incapable of drawing something by hand, but with GIMP, it was possible to achieve my goal of thief-style-hand-scribbled-looking maps. Have a look. It is a very mild spoiler because of sketchyness. The player also starts with it so it won't spoil much. It is more like a teaser for my mission... ;)

LfkpkOI.jpg

My inspiration was of course:

TG_M4_map_page001.jpg

• Like 2

Clipper

• 5 weeks later...

Situation report:

I must withdraw from the competition...I'm letting the victory over to the finlandier...

Like hell I am! I'm gonna let you get a run for your money!

My plan is to get this out for beta testing at the end of June so I would appreciate to get at least three testers by then.

If you're interrested, this spoiler will explain why I need at least three testers. Again, this spoiler tells something about the nature of the mission so if you want to keep the mission a total surprise, don't look!

Each difficulty setting corresponds to a unique person with an unique agenda so you'll get to play as either an assassin, a regular thief or a saboteur. I would like to have at least one betatester per setting.

As far as I remember the contest runs til end of august, so there is no need to withdraw.

Anyways, I would be happy to test your mission.

As far as I remember the contest runs til end of august, so there is no need to withdraw.

Anyways, I would be happy to test your mission.

It was just a joke :)

Exellent! Send me your emailaddress in a PM and I'll send you the mission when the time comes :)

Why don't you pm me a link to the file? :blink:

I'm not exactly withdrawing, but this map is on the back burner while I do updates to previous maps in prep for TDM 2.0.

I do have a map in progress which I cannot yet explain in the Th*ef world. At this point I highly doubt it will have objectives (plural), weapons, loot, enemies/guards, cities, mansions, crypts, caves or forests. :)

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Too bad PranQster...but it sound like an interresting mission though :)

I've just compiled a long list of things I need to finish before Beta. It will be a bit ugly in some places but it's more important to get a functional map, albeit maybe a bit dull in some places...It's a lot to test and I believe a month should do, before dead line...And I have a smaller list with stuff that I'l start working on as soon as the mission hits Beta...things that will remove the dull parts and improve an otherwise exellent mission ;)

Too bad PranQster...but it sound like an interresting mission though :)

We'll see. I'm banging out upgrades to Siegeshop pretty quickly. Though I'm not only doing materials updates, but improvements to pathfinding, architecture, readables, lights, sounds, environmental effects, etc. And I'll be expanding the map somewhat and try to break away a bit from the narrow rectangular layout.

Anyway, I might be able to get the unusual map done by the end of August. I will say that I am experimenting with multiple skyboxes in a single map, which is a fun project.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Situation report from the contestants? Sotha and Jesps are done and released. If everything goes as planned, my beast will hit beta at the end of june. Anymore testers than Obsttorte wanna give it a try?

How is the skyboxeses going PranQster?

Started a new map for the entry a while ago, as the first attempt was far to big and I don't have the time neither the motivation to finish it in the near future. There is still plenty of work, but I hope I will have some time in the next weeks finishing it.

A good way into paths and RIT:s. Too bad something is wrong and Doom crashes on me when I try to start my map...always fun to backtrack and remove stuff til it works/the error is found...*sarc*

Do you have some RIT nodes with alert_idle_only or idle_only? Those can cause crashes.

Clipper

No. I undoed until the error stopped and it was when a testAI disappeared in the undo-pressing that the crashing ceased... Don't know what failed that guy. But then I redoed everything ctrl+y and deleted him and it's back on track :)

If there is problems in the pathing, you need an AI to have a crash, I suppose.

I had some crashes with phrase_book, because of idle_only and alert_idle_only. If the AI faces an impossible decision with idle_* spawnarg path, the game will crash. I dunno, maybe improper chance spawnargs could cause such.

Anyways, nice that the crashes ended. Remember, that you need to have an AI walking those paths sooner or later...

Clipper

The game crashed when I changed team on the AI to 0 for debugging resons. This is just a temporary guy that I use and move around to test the paths...May be because he was dropped inside a room where another guy was spawned and they didn't like each other...

This shouldn't cause any crashes. But you can try to change the team in your main routine to see if it makes a difference.

I had some crashes with phrase_book, because of idle_only and alert_idle_only. If the AI faces an impossible decision with idle_* spawnarg path, the game will crash.

Grayman has fixed that for 2.0. Now an AI with an impossible decision will just stop where he is.