The Dark Mod Forums

Very bad graphics [solved]

mukremin

Guys, i am a big fan off the Thief series. Been playing it since earle 2000, and of course been playing TDM all the way. The thing is, i didnt have this problem before with TDM.

I installed some missions yesterday, when i started i saw that all the graphic settings were on low somehow. I put the settings back to high, but still i have a very bad quality. It wasnt like this before, i have the most updated TDM. You guys know anything about it? I cant even see the blue text when in settings, which says that the game has to be restarted etc. Am i doing something wrong? I compare the TDM screens from the website with my, and my screens are very bad. I have put everything on, PP, AA and screen on 1600x.

Just a guess, but: Did you choose some wrong resolution for your display maybe?

The screenies are a bit small for my eyes ^^ You could upload them to a file hoster and post the links here so we can get a bettter glimpse :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

My guess is that the compression settings in your cfg have changed.

Try this:

Look into your DoomConfig.cfg inside your darkmod folder and check that the following settings are like shown below:

seta image_roundDown "1"

seta image_forceDownSize "0"

seta image_downSize "0"

Also, what video card do you have?

Just shooting in the dark here:

Graphic Corruption

One report we had was for a Radeon ATI HD 4650, catalyst 10.9. This screen corruption as I understand it was heavy pixelation even on the menus. Closing down Xfire fixed it. "I fiddled with the xfire Doom 3 configuration through the xfire_games.ini, and determined it has to do with InGameFlags portion. For some reason the settings in that were interfering with doom 3, and after I removed some things from there, I was still able to run xfire, and doom 3 was still able to look proper."

If you press F12 and the screens aren't in 1440p resolution which you should choose for your monitor, but they are something about 640x480 then there's something really wrong and you probaply play in 640x480 then! :o

Try turning off "Post Processing" in the Advanced Options.

Edited by SeriousToni

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

i cant seem to find/open catalyst control center :S

i only have AMD Vision Engine control center, i used to have the control center where i could enable/disable certain settings. But its nowhere to be found, even after installing latest driver with software package.

Edited by mukremin