The Dark Mod Forums

Comedy

RPGista

So I just finished watching the last episode of 30 Rock, I loved the show. Im kind of looking for other good comedy shows, and was wondering what do you guys like and recommend.

Shows that I watched recently and would highly recommend are:

trailer-park-boys-poster.jpg

Trailer Park Boys

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290988/

41iheCxN3wL._SX500_.jpg

Extras

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=tt_rec_tti

key_art_the_office_uk.jpg

The Office

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=tt_rec_tti

the-league-of-gentlemen-movie-poster-1999-1020474895.jpg

The League of Gentlemen

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_3

30Rock.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

30 Rock

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Edited by RPGista

Extras was awesome.

I like Community

Community-Five-Great-Meta-TV-Shows.jpeg

and Big Bang Theory.

the-big-bang-theory.jpg

Both very smart humour. Community is full of meta-humour and spoofs of pop culture, and Big Bang has plenty of nerd humour that I love...the main characters play Talisman, MMOs, and watch Babylon 5.

The American version of The Office is also very funny.

I'll agree with what's already been posted.

If I added any, maybe Modern Family, (early) Curb Your Enthusiasm ... uh, I'm even looking at a list right now and not seeing that many really funny shows these days. I mean there are respectable ones like Parks & Rec, I liked Outsourced but then they pulled it after 1 season, How I Met Your Mother is ok, I liked Eureaka but it's too quirky to be a great show... Hmm...

Lately (since I've been abroad) I've actually been watching quite a bit of Craig Fergeson's The Late Late Show, because that's the most consistently funny to me ... but it's a late-night talk show not a sitcom. (Also for laughs I watch the YogsCast game playthrough videos on YouTube a lot, and that's not even tv at all!)

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I second The Big Bang Theory. Awesome show. Especially if you are a geek. I also recomend the UK geek comedy show The I.T. Crowd. Not only do I find these shows hilarious but I can relate a lot to the characters. I guess that makes me a geek too.

Oh and finally the UK sitcom Peep Show. The entire show is shown from the perspective of the two main characters and you can hear their thaughts. What they say in real life is often very different from what they are thinking. It was also filmed right across the road from a house I used to rent a room in in Croydon.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

I just remebered! Are you aware of Father Ted? It's about three priests on a tiny Island off of Ireland. One is a raging alcoholic, one is a simpleton and one has aspirations of leaving the island and his plans to leave always lead to hilarious results. I have the box set on DVD and watching this show never gets old.

Speaking of drunk Irish men check out Black Books. Its about an Irish man who runs a book shop in London. He is constantly drunk and he constantly shouts and abuses the customers. Bill Bailey plays his long suffering assistant.

Edited by Sir Taffsalot

The Joker

Modern Family, Big Bang, 30 Rock, and Office are my favorite comedies.

30 Rock is over, and Office probably doesn't have much life left in it.

Of course, there are the old standbys: Monty Python, Faulty Towers, and Blackadder. In Blackadder, you get to witness the outrageous side of Hugh Laurie ("House").

Of course, there are the old standbys: Monty Python, Faulty Towers, and Blackadder. In Blackadder, you get to witness the outrageous side of Hugh Laurie ("House").

Hugh Laurie Is Awesome! I still cant belive this is the same person thats in House and Blackadder.

The last scene in the last episode of Blackadder makes me cry. I always wonder what Baldricks last cunning plan was...

The Joker

The German version of The Office too! Stromberg B)

I only know the first two seasons, but they were great. Actually I never knew whether to laugh or to cry. Has this been broadcasted in other countries, too?

The Simpsons are my all time favourite (but not the newer seasons, only the first eight or so). And Stargate, although not a comedy series, is also quite funny IMHO.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are my personal favorites for comedy (and if I were limited to television for staying informed, the former would sadly be much better than many of the other US news networks for certain things, e.g. they actually acknowledge the embarrassing level of corruption in the US). For pure comedy I watch Seinfeld re-runs once in a while.

The internet where I live in the US (few miles out of town) is too poor to stream anything and is capped at just a few gigabytes (if I go over, it's $10/GB thereafter), so I have very few options as far as media in general goes.

I am a sucker for comedy shows and sitcoms. Great Thread! Modern Family has already been named and it is one of my favorites along with Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. IT Crowd rocks as well. Are they planning on releasing anything new of that show?

Here are my recommendations:

MV5BMjI0NjkyODY1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM3NjA4Ng@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

I'd like to add Wilfred starring Elijah Wood to the list. It is sort of comedy but also drama. It is one of the best 20-minute shows I have ever seen. Deep, yet funny! It is about a man hanging out with a dog and he sees that dog as if he were a human in a dog costume and that dog seems to try to sabotage his life. And throughout the show, you never really understand whether Elijah is just crazy or if there is more to the dog than it seems. Very interesting!

MV5BODk5MjMxODY4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg4OTk0Nw@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

If you like it absurd, you can also check out Eagle Heart. One episode is only 10 minutes long and they feature really absurd comedy, sometimes a little violent. It's only 10 minutes an episode, so I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

Also, I can't believe Californication has not been called yet.

Cougar Town, funny but sometimes it feels a little too cliché.

I recently bought the box set of The Young Ones. What happens when you put a hippie, a punk, a mod and a political activist in a house together? well apparently you get abstract humour, mindless violence and awesome bands such as Madness and Motorhead rocking out on your show. Recommended if you like alternative comedy.

The Joker

I recently bought the box set of The Young Ones. What happens when you put a hippie, a punk, a mod and a political activist in a house together? well apparently you get abstract humour, mindless violence and awesome bands such as Madness and Motorhead rocking out on your show. Recommended if you like alternative comedy.

I have two brothers that swear by this show. Haven't seen it myself though... Or rather, I've seen bits and pieces here and there. Same goes for the show "Bottom" (I think that's the full title of the show). And also seen bits and sketches from that as well.

Other than that:

Have people here seen the show Freaks & Geeks? It was cancelled, but seriously is good fun and has a very nice atmosphere and great acting. This is IMHO the last thing Judd Apatow did that is worth a damn and has more content than "dick-jokes" (which he pointed out are among his favorite things) and other jokes that are somehow connected, in any stretch of the imagination, to a persons nether... uh... "regions".

Other shows I enjoy/have enjoyed are Malcolm In The Middle, The Office (Just the US version, seen 8 seasons of it, won't watch the rest) and Flight Of The Conchords.

Actually all these shows are things I rewatch again and again during my work. I'm a little psycho like that. Music doesn't always "scratch my itch". :huh:

Edited by GameDevGoro

I have two brothers that swear by this show. Haven't seen it myself though... Or rather, I've seen bits and pieces here and there. Same goes for the show "Bottom" (I think that's the full title of the show). And also seen bits and sketches from that as well.

I recommend Bottom too. The humour is simular to that of The Young Ones and it contains two of the guys from that show. It's about two alcoholic losers who cant get a job or get laid. They hate each other and constantly fight. On paper that sounds absolutely rubbish. Yet somehow the comedy geniuses that are Rik Mayell and Ade Edmonson manage to make it something special.

The Joker