The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Crystal Grave v2 (by ERH+ and Bikerdude) (2013/02/09)

ERH+

Crystal Grave v2 (2013/02/09)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

• Poor
    • Tolerable
    • Good
    • Excellent
    • Near Perfect. Outstanding.
  2. 2. Appearance: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing ect.

• Poor
    • Tolerable
    • Good
    • Excellent
  3. 3. Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

• Poor
    • Tolerable
    • Good
    • Excellent

1 hour ago, lowenz said:

Thread resurrected literally from the.....GRAVE (pun intended :D )

I hope I'm not doing wrong by reviving these old posts. I like to give the mapper some feedback on how I liked the mission, no matter how old it is, and I know ERH+ is still around.

Anyway, it looks like this map has become broken in a newer version of the engine, and that's something the author should be told about.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

I think it's perfectly fine to make posts for any FM in this forum, regardless of when the last post was made. It's always good to hear thoughts and feedback.

Regarding not being able to frob anything, that's typically associated with trying to read a readable that has no text defined (a mapping error). Seems strange that you had that from the outset, though.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Playing in 2022: I got the wrench VERY VERY early in the game

Spoiler

by climbing straight to the roof and running along the cable.

so I instantly got to the south-west corner, but the wrench did not work. Even worse: The frob highlight did not work too, which worked when starting the mission. However I thought: OK, some other stuff to do and played on. Everything is done now except for the wrench still not working. The frob issue is now extended: I cannot frob or activate anything, cannot open doors and so on. There is even no highlight that I could frob anything as it usually is. Watching the video I found: OK I was doing the right thing.

So for now this mission is stuck for me. Savegame is available, so it is reproducable. Loading another savegame (over two hours old) frobbing is fine, but I am not in the mood to retry.

Is there a way to reactivate frobbing to finish this mission?

• 1 year later...

Just went out and re-played this very nice and unique mission on the latest 2.12 dev snapshot. Unfortunately, near the end I ran into the same problem that @Joachim_Otahal reported: the wrench is not working on the mechanism, which does not light up anyway, and soon afterwards everything became unfrobbable.