The Dark Mod Forums

Offer: Voice Acting (sample inside)

Goldwell

Sounds pretty cool to me! You seem to have a good equipement and I can understand your english. So why not making a whole speech paket, so that you can give your voice to a ai character so that we can hear swear ingame?? ;)

If you can think of this, then contact Springheel about this - we'd need some more different vocal sets :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Not bad at all. :) If you are interested in doing some vocal sets, just let me know. I might have a smaller job too in a couple months.

Very good indeed. I also had no problems understanding you (I'm no native english, too). Would be nice if you could show up with your "other voices" (old, young, some accents, ...). Maybe doing this with the same text for comparison (I'm just interested).

And indeed, more ai vocal sets would be very cool. (Maybe also some sort of player vocal set that could be used by the mappers).

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Here's a couple of other things I have recorded (some of them are on my other laptop) but here are some on my new computer

Deckard Cain / Old Man impersonation

https://soundcloud.c...ka-deckard-cain

The Assassin of King John (just a little clip I wrote when I was bored)

https://soundcloud.c...in-of-king-john

edit:

also I will boot up the old computer and upload some more as I can do some rather good monster voices too!

And I will look into those vocal set, sounds fun :)

Edited by TylerVocal

:smile: Took me a while to remember who Deckard Cain was. Very cool.
  • Like 1

Not bad at all. :) If you are interested in doing some vocal sets, just let me know. I might have a smaller job too in a couple months.

And yes I would love to do a vocal set, I will go over the list and record some tonight, see how I go and then forward them through to you.

It's about 10:39 pm where i'm at and I find around 2 am I get this very rough and overtired timbre in my voice which would go hand in hand with the AI in the game I believe.

German, Dutch, Italian?

That would give us the option of some german voice acting :ph34r:

Sehr schön! :) Ich wünschte, ich könnte so gut englisch sprechen (vor allem so akzentfrei!) Du hast meinen tiefen Respekt für dies!

But really - with your talent you should try to get a script from Springheel and do important voice sets. You seem to be able to do even different characters. If you are ambitious and quick, you could make a name for yourself truly!

I wish you good luck, Tyler! Don't let it zonk out.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Sehr schön! :) Ich wünschte, ich könnte so gut englisch sprechen (vor allem so akzentfrei!) Du hast meinen tiefen Respekt für dies!

But really - with your talent you should try to get a script from Springheel and do important voice sets. You seem to be able to do even different characters. If you are ambitious and quick, you could make a name for yourself truly!

I wish you good luck, Tyler! Don't let it zonk out.

Heh well just to verify I live in Austria now but I wasn't born/raised here so my lack of accent is quite normal ;) Thank you for the kind words! And I have msg'd Springheel to see if there is anything specific he would like me to do and yeah we will see how we go.

Ultimately I would LOVE to have a career in voice acting for video games and doing things like this not only helps out the game but it also helps to start off my resume so I will give it my all! ;)

Edited by TylerVocal

Also amazed, very nice work my friend. The Old man kind of reminded me of Bane's voice, and the Night to Remember voice over had bits that sounded like Bale's voice work in American Psycho, which I always found to be great.

Hey, Crucible of Omens folks, don't you think having a word with this guy would be a neat idea?

Oh, and regarding OP, you seem like a quite talented bloke, but either because you did it in a single non-rehearsed take, or just for kicks, I feel you got the tone of the "Night to Remember" briefing completely wrong. Your voice sounds cool confident and relaxed, while the text brief itself reads like the thief is feeling very frustrated, cursing the morons who contacted him for the job, and showing nothing but the most absolute spite and disgust for them.

I loved your King John Assassination and Deckard Cain impersonation shorts, though.

Edited by zergrush

Hey, Crucible of Omens folks, don't you think having a word with this guy would be a neat idea?

Oh, and regarding OP, you seem like a quite talented bloke, but either because you did it in a single non-rehearsed take, or just for kicks, I feel you got the tone of the "Night to Remember" briefing completely wrong. Your voice sounds cool confident and relaxed, while the text brief itself reads like the thief is feeling very frustrated, cursing the morons who contacted him for the job, and showing nothing but the most absolute spite and disgust for them.

I loved your King John Assassination and Deckard Cain impersonation shorts, though.

Thank you and yes I approached the Night To Remember reading with a more with cool relaxed tone (trying to sort of echo when Garrett from the original series would read the descriptions to each mission) and yes it was done in one take but I was just trying to show people what I am capable of not necessarily attempt a serious read of the description for the mission which is probably why my interpretation is a bit off :)

edit: spelling

Edited by TylerVocal

Fair enough. As I said, if you're really interested in contributing, I'd say you should also try contacting some of the people involved in this project, since it will likely be the first major campaign to be finished for TDM, and it will undoubtedly require a lot of voicework. Not so much people browse this section of the forum, so interacting with individual projects more directly might be a good idea.

Wow that project looks amazing! and I just left a message on the thread, fingers crossed they reply.

And thanks for the heads up!

Also try checking for other projects looking for voice contributors at both the Editor's Guild, I Want to Help, and Fan Missions sections. And remember, progress on TDM and TDM Related projects is usually slow, but steady. A lot of people here may take their time, but they're sure to deliver at the end. That's why TDM has maintained such a solid community after all these years and it's finally taking the final steps to become a fully-fledged standalone game. In short, good things arrive for those who wait (and even sooner if you happen to contribute).

Edited by zergrush
  • Like 1

Tyler is already half-done a full vocal set and may be on board to do another one after that, so he's already contributing. :)

• Like 1

Awesome. We always need voices.

The first one was really good, a righteous english prick :D Would be a great vocal set for a noble man.

The old man was good too, surprised it's the same person. Can you do an old english (err european) chap?

The King one was awesome too, that would be great for a voice over in a video after an assasination by poison mission. The echos might have been a bit much, but I guess that depends on how the video was done.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

• 3 weeks later...