The Dark Mod Forums

***SNOWPOCALYPSE 2013***

Melan

Sad part is. Like a week ago it was starting to turn around and things were looking up over here in Sweden- people were even referencing "Spring". We had sunshine straight for like 2 weeks and temperatures that were bearable without 5 layers of clothes, but one morning... There it was again.

I was holding out on starting an art-project in school so that I could have the chance to work with it outdoors but now this crap- overcast skies, snow, sleet and temperatures below 10 degrees Celsius.

It's the darkness and gloom I find the worst, not the snow itself.

I'm so sick of this. So infernally sick of this. -_-

• Like 1

Yesterday's ankle-deep snow grew to slightly more than knee-deep overnight. Fortunately, it has stopped by now, but in the morning, it took me a good 15 minutes just to clear a path through the garden. I stayed inside and made chicken soup, a mean pot of chili, and did some work on the TDM campaign. :mellow:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I stayed inside and made chicken soup, a mean pot of chili, and did some work on the TDM campaign. :mellow:

Sounds good to me! Why don't you smile on that??

Today the sun was shining - but snow, snow, snow.. :D

ipuuDgkvn24Y.jpg

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

You must have a freaking good camera, man.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

No not really, I use the Canon 600d which I bought for 500 € complete with objective and bag and stuff. For me it was a really big deal to spend 500 € but as I know cameras and objectives can be decuple so I would say it is not a freaking good camera :blush:

It is just a hobby but people often say it all looks so cool I really think the money pays off for making nice pictures, yeah! ^_^

I guess with all the nature and the landscape around here where my home is, it is really not hard to take a good photo :blush:

Edited by SeriousToni

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

So if it's not the camera, it must be the photograph :smile:

Pretty good shots anyway. Especially the last one.

Dear god, SeriousToni- that fog in the last image looks absolutely dreamy. If I ever saw something like that in real life I'm pretty sure I'd lie down flat on my back and flail with my arms and legs while I hum the tune of "What a wonderful world". Probably seems counter-productive by some that I'd resort to acting silly at a sight like that, but I don't think I'd be able to control myself.

After that bit of nonsense I'll leave to the words: Freaking gorgeous! :D And yes, I do like those images.

Edited by GameDevGoro

Those are great shots, ST!

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Still snow in Sweden btw, has been a nice cold winter without slush...

Yeah, I'm also pretty happy we haven't gotten that much slush. There has been a little over here where I live, but nothing that I couldn't largely avoid. B)

But it has been a problem how slippery it is on the sidewalks and stuff, I have yet to fall on my ass this winter (jinx: of course by saying this, it'll be the first thing I do tomorrow) thank god but yeah... I don't have any robust lumberjack shoes... Yet.

I hate to think how it's been for old people. :(

I wouldn't bet on that :D

Personally I prefer winter over hot summers. If it's cold you can put on more clothes. But if it is hot you are running out of options. :smile:

Personally I prefer winter over hot summers. If it's cold you can put on more clothes. But if it is hot you are running out of options. :smile:

Yeah, it's a little more maintenance to keep cool, I'll give it that. BUT!

The first and foremost thing I'm bleepin' sick of is to freeze my ass off when I have to get out of bed in the morning.

Trousers are of great help,ya know. :P

A mild winter is nice - last year was one - very tolerable even with the lack of sun for breakfast or supper during half the winter. Only a few days were below -30C. At this time last year we had +20C.(so we got a little spoiled) This year its not only the lack of sun but the many -30C & -40C temps especially with the wind, lots of wind this year. I mean its March and our temp this morning felt like -37 flippin degrees C. (Actual temp was -27C.) Tomorrow is suppose to be the same. It's just very tiring walking around feeling like the stay-puft marshmallow man. Note- End of rant I shall now return to my happy place. :smile: