The Dark Mod Forums

Unusual Gameplay Contest FM: The Builder's Blocks by Jesps

Jesps

19 members have voted

1. 1. Unusual Gameplay Theme

2. 2. Gameplay Quality

3. 3. Aesthetics (Visuals, Story, Audio)

Congratulation!!

I hope that all players will enjoy the FM as much as I did..=)

He was sneeking silently in the night, moonlight was his enemy.

(Im not a native speaker, sorry for all miscleanous caused by my english..)

Do you have to win each game before advancing? The only door in the start room leads to a dead end, so unless there's a way to proceed past the top of the stairs w/o winning, I'm prolly finished.

No you just play the game for as long as you wish

@Oldjim: Good old days :smile:

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Ok, that's good.

But I'm still stuck. Hopefully something someone says here will suggest a way to proceed.

You dont advance though the mission. You just play for as long as you like. And to see how many points you can get.

lol that was fun, thanks Jesps. I just have to add; what is your obsession with non shadow casting lights? I can see using them on a big mission but on this dinky mission, over 60 lights are non shadow casting. I changed them to cast shadows and didn't notice a hint of performance degradation, and I also noticed a bump in visual quality.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Not that bad!

I just wonder what the remaining part of the map is/was intended for ?

Hmmm...

didn't like at all having to use the mouse in order to operate the buttons, though.

I wonder if it would have been possible to map the regular buttons for moving left,right,forward & backward to move left,right & rotate left/right and the use button to drop.

EDIT: Voting will follow as soon as I get an idea how much 'unusual gameplay' we can expect in this contest,

Edited by gnartsch

Impressive!!! :D

Has anyone else had this bug? :wacko:

Sound works normally for me when I'm walking around the room, but when I play the mini-game, there is no sound, regardless of whether the "sound" button is on or off. (The mini-game works correctly, except for sound.)

Suggestions welcome. (In general, I've had no problems with recently released missions on TDM 1.08.)

- prjames

Update: It looks like user error. If I understand this correctly, I get the "pick up treasure" sound anytime I

complete a row and get a point

but there are no other sounds in the mini-game. (And that sound does go "on" or "off" depending on the setting of the "sound" button.)

Edited by prjames

I've got a major bug to report, I'm having a nearly total input failure. None of the GUI/HUD buttons work once the game is started. I've tried clicking all of them with the mouse cursor, no response. I've tried starting the FM in all 3 difficulty levels. Not sure what to do... the mouse sensitivity function does work, i need to reset it every time I quit. Nothing else in the game works.

*note: The back-room mechanisms for the game are steampunk as hell!!! Total awesome!

I've got a major bug to report, I'm having a nearly total input failure. None of the GUI/HUD buttons work once the game is started. I've tried clicking all of them with the mouse cursor, no response. I've tried starting the FM in all 3 difficulty levels. Not sure what to do... the mouse sensitivity function does work, i need to reset it every time I quit. Nothing else in the game works.

*note: The back-room mechanisms for the game are steampunk as hell!!! Total awesome!

hmm. Maybe when in the game you can open the console and adjust the mouse sensitivity properties manually. Another thought... If you use an widescreen monitor, maybe try setting your vid resolution to one of the 4x3 modes instead of 16x9/16x10.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Did I... Did I just play a game of

Tetris?

Most unusual. I'm confused. :wacko:

Technically it is great as it show that in TDM almost everything is possible. Unusual, certainly.

Gameplay.. I dunno. I kinda expected something... well. more. I never kinda liked

tetris

Story and stuff. Not there.

• Like 1

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Do the buttons light up when you hover the mouse over them/click them? Or is it "just" the functionality? I'm not really sure what it could be, if you have a save game I could try that.

Do the buttons light up when you hover the mouse over them/click them? Or is it "just" the functionality? I'm not really sure what it could be, if you have a save game I could try that.

Yeah, the buttons light up when I mouse over them. but nothing happens when I click on them.