The Dark Mod Forums

Voice Acting

Zohaib

If anyone wanted someone to do some voices for characters here and there I figure I might as well give it a shot. Haven't done it before but I really like the sense of community here I feel like I'll be able to get a lot of hours out of this game/mod with all the maps people have made and I'd like to give something back if possible.

Edited by Zohaib
  • Like 1

There is another way to 'pay' back if you are up for it... "Teach Yourself Dark Mod In One Day!"

by Fidcal

http://wiki.thedarkm...ide_Start_Here! ;)

Ah ah! What a brilliant wiki entry. I can't wait to try my hand with DR.

It all makes sense reading it as the lesson is so precise and has logical descriptions that look simple enough for even me to follow.

Of course the proof will be in the pudding when I finally get DR's requirement of a MSDVC100.ddl.

Back to voice acting. I forget which mod it is but I remember hearing a British accent that a guard had - really quiet, didn't get excited, totally cool and a real pleasure to hear - voicing some very funny phrases.

I like an assortment of accents and from mature, deep, gruff guard voices to commoner and aloof sounding upperclass.

I assume there is/will be a wiki entry on how to record - formats etc., for TDM? Or is it just a case of grab a mic and record?

• 3 weeks later...