The Dark Mod Forums

Standalone Requests: Textures

Springheel

I could use some help with the textures needed for going standalone...these are the ones that are required for Chalice of Kings. Anyone available to sign up for them?

* textures/hell/dirt02

addnormals( textures/hell/dirt02_local, heightmap(textures/hell/dirt02_h, 8)) [combine into a single normalmap]

textures/hell/dirt02_s [this may not be needed unless texture is especially wet]

* textures/glass/glass1

* textures/glass/outdoor_glass1fx

* textures/decals/ballburn01

* textures/particles/boomboom

* textures/particles/pfirebig

* textures/particles/plasma

textures/decals/stain01b

• 2 weeks later...
* textures/particles/boomboom

* textures/particles/pfirebig

These are used in almost every map. If no one else claims them, I'm going to work on them tonight.

* textures/decals/ballburn01

textures/decals/stain01b

http://dl.dropbox.co.../ballburn01.tga

http://dl.dropbox.co.../stain01b_s.tga

EDIT: Where are the other textures located? I extracted all the texture pk4s but they werent in them.

Edited by SeriousToni

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Yes, that's the specular map, but what about the other stain01b image? I couldn't find any replacment for the diffusemap. Is there one somewhere?

Are you sure? I opened it and it looked a lot like a specular map (mostly black). I'll check again tonight, maybe I missed something.

On the left are the original D3 files. The top is the diffuse and the bottom is the specular. On the right is the only replacement I can find, which seems to be replacing the specular. Am I missing something?

post-9-0-31532700-1365639520_thumb.jpg

Ok, everything except textures/decals/stain01b in that list is now done.

Looks like "textures/common/shadow_bak" is the next most common missing asset.

Could just need a material def?

I'll take a look tonight if I can.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

It's probably coming from a model that has two shadowmeshes and needs different names so that skins can be activated properly.

I'm pretty sure that error shows up in 1.08 as well, so it's just a housecleaning issue, not really a standalone one.

edit: Yes, it's coming from the citywatch head. I can't remember exactly what it was for...possibly for the helmet shadowmesh.

I'm just going to remove that from the list since it's not a standalone issue.

Actually, something that would be helpful is if someone could track down "_default.wav" I can't find it anywhere and it comes up in several maps.

The .wav might not be part of the name; the console adds that to all missing sounds by default. It might be a soundshader called "_default" but I can't find that either.