The Dark Mod Forums

Sound Designer at your service :)

Ryan Smith

Can we already find some of your cool material on the web? :)

Sure :)

Here's an example of my work:

http://audiojungle.net/user/Blinn?ref=Blinn <---- The only way you can use these sounds is if you buy them, and sharing them for free would violate the site's TOS. But I can make more of them. :)

<----- Here's a little portfolio to demonstrate some of my ambient tracks.

<---- Some of my magic sound effects.

What do you need for Dark Mod?

Welcome aboard.

Here's the of sound assets that we need made (to replace the Doom3 versions with originals):

http://wiki.thedarkm...lone_TDM#Sounds

The list is possibly incomplete & some may have already been made, so you might list out some of the assets you want to do in this thread just to double check. It'd be a terrific help to us. This is one of the big tasks we need to do to make TDM a standalone game.

Edit: If you have the game Doom3, you can listen to these inside Doom3/base/pak003.pk4, which you open like a zip file. Then you want to make another sound that will do the same job but is original so we don't have a copyright issue with it in a standalone game.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Welcome aboard.

Here's the of sound assets that we need made (to replace the Doom3 versions with originals):

http://wiki.thedarkm...lone_TDM#Sounds

The list is possibly incomplete & some may have already been made, so you might list out some of the assets you want to do in this thread just to double check. It'd be a terrific help to us. This is one of the big tasks we need to do to make TDM a standalone game.

Edit: If you have the game Doom3, you can listen to these inside Doom3/base/pak003.pk4, which you open like a zip file. Then you want to make another sound that will do the same job but is original so we don't have a copyright issue with it in a standalone game.

Where should I send the finished sounds?

Some other people were putting sounds up on a soundcloud.com page (needs an account), and then you'd put the link here; so we could all listen to them straight from the site, give comments if need be, & also download it from there. That worked pretty well before.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I'm Ryan Smith. A guy named Bikerdude referred me to this website to help out with sound effects. I'm really good with ambient/magic/synth sounds, so if anyone can give me a list of the sounds needed, I'd be glad to help out.

Hey Ryan, welcome aboard young man. :-D

Ok, here are a few sounds that we need that are magical in nature.

I don't know if you have D3, but I'll give you the original sound names. If you need to hear the original sounds we can arrange that somehow.

sound/monsters/cacodemon/caco_chatter1.wav ... chatter6.wav (used when mage casts the green glow spell while searching)

sound/monsters/cacodemon/pimpact_01.wav ... pimpact_04.wav (impact of magical projectile)

sound/weapons/explosions/impexp_01.wav ... 04 -- fireball impact sound

• 4 months later...

I also download many sound/voicecpackage such as: movie voice, music voice, holiday voice, games voice. genders voice, animal voice.

If you need, tell me and i can help you. I use them to change my voice when chatting online with my friends or change for my presentations, even while i'm singing,

So useful and interesting.