The Dark Mod Forums

Kingers: Application Thread

kingers

Hello Team,

I am a hopeful mapper and voice actor wanting to join a great team. I originally was working on a DOOM3 mod called Hell on Earth which has now died and was hoping to continue to my DOOM3 work by joining your team. I also briefly worked on the D3 Phobos MOD.

I am an avid Thief player and have them all and could probably tell you far to much about the universe!

Here are some samples of my mapping which were going to form the basis for the for the first level of my mod:

Download Here

An audio sample for voices (which I would really love to do as well!) these are my own voice based upon certain speeches made throughout the Thief series.

Download Here

The mod seems a great idea especially considering the great lighting system and the obvious parallel with Thief. I await your response with great anticipation!

Cheers,

Kingers

Here is your own personal application thread. :)

On the downside. We're not taking outside submissions for voice acting on The Dark Mod. Not that it is being done within the team but rather I am doing all the recording with my home studio setup and recruiting actors from the city and surrounding areas where I live. Consistency is important since we're trying to deliver a professional level toolset and I can better control the quality of the sound and performances if I am onsite to direct the actors. :)

On the upside! We need mappers. Even more so than that, we need texture artists. ;)

I'll step aside now and let Renz take over since he is our Mapping Lead.

Not that it is being done within the team but rather I am doing all the recording with my home studio setup and recruiting actors from the city and surrounding areas where I live.

So every character will have a Canadian accent? Wouldn't it be better to have some voice actors from Britain, since the game has a medieval setting? I'm fine with voice actors from the Americas, but an all star cast of voice actors from the same town who all have the same Prince Edward Island accent might seem a bit odd. :)

This is nothing against the beautiful Canadian accent. I'd feel the same way if you went down to the Llew Du and hired a cartload of Welsh choir singers.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread. Best of luck with your application, Kingers.

Edited by Macsen

So every character will have a Canadian accent? Wouldn't it be better to have some voice actors from Britain, since the game has a medieval setting? I'm fine with voice actors from the Americas, but an all star cast of voice actors from the same town who all have the same Prince Edward Island accent might seem a bit odd. :)

This is nothing against the beautiful Canadian accent. I'd feel the same way if you went down to the Llew Du and hired a cartload of Welsh choir singers.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread. Best of luck with your application, Kingers.

They're not all from Canada. :) We have a very rich, diverse culture here in Charlottetown. Not only that, they're actors. Different accents are in their job description. ;)

Based on your nice resume plus your really impressive map I say we should take you on right away.

Thing is we're still in the middle of the big texture push, so all our maps at the moment are enviromental mockups and tests rather than fullscale missions. We're still pretty deep in the design phase, so if you're willing to make small test maps, offer up some advice, and maybe do a few textures, you'll have plenty to do...if not you'll probably be bored for a couple of months.

You are now...(drum roll)...A CONTRIBUTER!

Even though I think we should make you a full on member right out, I might as well stick to tradition here and have you go through the contributor process. Stick around for a few, show us you're interested in staying on the team, do some cool stuff, and we'll up you to a team member.

And if you stick around for at least a couple of years you'll get the keys to the company Jaguar and access to the hooker fund.