The Dark Mod Forums

Young Noblewoman Wip

Diego

this is what i have so far. unfortunately i dont have the ammount of time i had before the end of my vacation, so it might take a little longer to finish :) also i'm trying not to diverge much from the concept, because it's good stuff :P

here's a wip and the reference i used for her face :)

noblewoman_wip1.jpg

noblewoman_reference.jpg

critiques! critiques! I want critiques! lol

hi macsen :D about the head size, that would depend on her stature/proportion only. but it can be changed

about the breasts, can you be more specific? the overall volume, or cloth wrinkles..? actually, when you mentioned i thought they could be a little more 'up', hehe is that what you meant? though that would make her head seems even bigger, because what makes that impression is the rest of the body, how thin the body is and stuff like that

Her head looks a bit big, and her breasts droop lazily like bagged cats. But otherwise it's great. :)

Diego: Fucking good I think :) . But the breasts should be a tad bit bigger and a bit higher. I think anyway. But the head is great i think (though maybe a tad bit too big [should be about 90% of current size?]). Anyway, looking good :)

Why should the breasts be bigger? You didn't give a reason. To fullfill your fantasies is what I have to assume <_<

Breasts that size are not uncommon. If a woman has to have her breast size upped to be worth having in a game, we'll be like every other game in that respect. I preffer variety.

Edited by Domarius

IMO the breast size here doesn't absolutely have to be larger, but they could stand to be a little more shapely :) Maybe it's just due to the shape of the dress neckline or someting but they look a bit droopy (like middleaged woman breasts as opposed to young woman)

[edit : Btw I think the face looks fine, it'll all come together when the hair is added, most likely]

Edited by Ishtvan

thanks for the critiques everyone! a few observations: the proportions might be looking weird for now, because it's hard to pick a reference to compare in a girl without legs, hands, and with no way to know where's her belly lol

but she's supose to look thin btw :) (that could be giving her that 'big headed' feel)

about her breasts, i kinda like the way they are.. looks 'real' lol like she's not a top model like all actresses on xena for example. but i dont see why it couldnt be changed if you guys want so, that's why i'm posting her progress afterall!

The comment about her breasts was a joke, and wasn't meant to spark an argument over their proportions. I agree that video games could do with a few women without breasts the size of GM melons. It's just that her whole body looks rather small compared to her head, but because the shot shows only her torso upwards, and is set at a slight angle, it might look fine in game. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Diego! glad to see your still around! We miss ya! :)

She's lookin purty dang good, but could you post a couple more views of her face? like a side and front (from the perspective camera) to get a better idea of the shape? I think I might have some suggestions but the pic doesn't show her face very well.

Now get some hands on her :P

I'm going to live forever, or die trying.

I'd like to pick on general attractiveness if that's okay... :) The girl in the source photo looks great with her hair like that, but I think if she had her hair up in a bun like our model does, she would not look so great. What I"m trying to say is... is there any way she can let her hair down?

I know it's really hard to animate long hair properly and all, but IMO the bun is really not flattering for her facial features... or something

Edited by Ishtvan

I know form experience that trying to do likenesses of prople in photos is VERY hard to get right, unless you have photos of them from front, side, and perspective.

I don't think all our noblewomen have to look like they're having a day off from the catwalks in Milan.

I think with a pair of hands on her shes be ready to go.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

hey ppl! thought you'd get rid of me that easily did you? lol

about the hair, not to make she prettier or something but, she do looks a little patrone .. not that its a bad thing, but the idea of this model was to build a evidently younger woman, to make a difference on oddity's noble woman. i ddint noticed this when i did the hair, what do you guys think? should i model a different kind of hair?

since i'm writing from the campus i cant post any images from the head, but i'll do that first thing when i get home :D

We're going to have multiple heads for various models anyway, so you can still finish this one.