• Near Perfect

Thanks. Glad you liked it.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm playing the updated one, and I just came across a really bad bug in the shed where the chapel key is. Moving around was super hard, like it was really lagging. It's taking me forever to move from the hole to the door, now I'm outside and I'm still really really slow. The movements I make don't show up till a while later. I can still hear bottles moving around inside.

fosig_zpshhfnjs18.png

Your welcome :)

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed Old Habits and this does not seem to dissapoint either. I haven't finished but I've come across two points.

The bricks in the start jammed on me. I suppose with experience with these situations in other FMs, I should have learnt by now to frob and remove the top most one first and work my way down. There must be some way to make it more "smooth" though? Maybe only allow lower bricks to be frobbable when the top ones are clear? I don't know.

There seems to be an error on the map (intentional?). This wall should be a door:

Capture.PNG

Update:

Sometimes the moss arrow will relight the adjacent water lit torch. And you can't relight it with a water arrow again.

I would have appreciated a hint that the sequence continues from the fire torch, not fire and then the first torch water which is what I thought initially.

Anyway, awesome mission.

Edited by SuaveSteve

• 10 months later...

I hate to revive an old thread (again) but I have a question: How do you get through that dang shed? If I have to noclip it or something, so be it, but the only other option I can see is to take very bottle and piece out one by one, with the slightest error crashing my game and forcing me to reset my computer.

Because in mystery novels, the first suspect is almost certainly never the murderer. No matter how much unmovable evidence there is, it will all be smashed in pieces by the wrath of the remaining number of pages of the story.

-"The Evil Spirit of the Zushi Clan" from Virtual Carnal Pleasure by Yamada Fuutarou

Yeah, the shed is a bit buggy. The bottles were placed using an atdm:seed entity which can sometimes cause crashes. I guess you can only try, though. :(

Obsttorte, on 07 Nov 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

Yeah, the shed is a bit buggy. The bottles were placed using an atdm:seed entity which can sometimes cause crashes. I guess you can only try, though. :(

Eh, I can just noclip the door I need to get through (once I figure out how noclip works).

For what's it's worth, I'm enjoying this more than Old Habits 1. Less painful difficulty. :P

Because in mystery novels, the first suspect is almost certainly never the murderer. No matter how much unmovable evidence there is, it will all be smashed in pieces by the wrath of the remaining number of pages of the story.

-"The Evil Spirit of the Zushi Clan" from Virtual Carnal Pleasure by Yamada Fuutarou

Glad you liked it, and sorry for the circumstances.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Very enjoyable mission

A few minor things I noticed

Sometimes the guards seem to have trouble opening doors, they'd stop in front of a door, turn to the side, their legs would shuffle a bit then they'd turn back & manage to open the door, noticed this in the ground floor corridor by the kitchen a lot

Two money purses couldn't be frobbed,

both in hidden compartments in writing desks, from the final score they looked to be worth about 25 each, one was in the master bedroom and the other was in the priests room

I really hate guards who carry torches

And that was downright nasty in the crypt :D

Thanks :) Glad you liked it. Sorry for the frobbing issues.

• 1 year later...

I guess there is a key somewhere, but it has been over five years know since release, so I can't even remember how the guards room looks like. Will take a look tomorrow if noone else knows the answer.

Regarding your spoiler

There is an entree on the top side of the staircase that leads to the basement (where the priest picks up the torch). Listen for a wind sound.

The moss arrow (or more precisely the result spawning moss splats) is sending moss stims for a while after you've hit a surface with it. Wait for the moss shooter to stop before attempting to use a water arrow. In addition, hitting a moss splat with a water arrow will cause the splat to shoot additional moss splats, so you have to make sure that the water won't hit the splats. That is something I've unfortunately only noticed after I had the riddle in place :(

I hope that helps.

• 8 months later...

Baffled

I'm confused over a reference to a "picture" that explains how to open the coffin in the crypt. It sounds like I missed a text that explains the hint. The only reason I know I have to light the torches in some kind of order is from reading this thread. Can someone point me to where this picture is located or where the hint is located ?

• 7 months later...

Okay, so I'm very late to the party, but this was more fun than Old Habits 1 ;)! Still there were some issues that should be avoided in other missions. I had very low framerates in the shed which probably was caused by the many objects there. I had to come here and get a hint on how to enter the priests room because I blackjacked him in the chapel. He should have carried the key, I mean how is he supposed to enter his own room after he left? Climb through the vents? I don't think so :). Also I had no chance to solve the crown torch riddle due to the fact that there was only one holy water which using my changed Unofficial Patch mechanism I threw at a statue and had none left for the other. Even for an optional objective one more holy light water, and maybe some additional gas arrows, would have been safer! I read about the correct order here and managed to finish the mission, surviving the nasty trap without noclip or chairs at least ;)!

Edited by wesp5
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Any way to access the

Spoiler

metal door under the chapel, and the priest's room? The priest has no key on him.

There's a playthrough on Youtube where the chapel key is supposed to work on the priest's room, but mine doesn't

Is this a bug? I'm out of options

Edited by Azaran

• 1 year later...

You're a MEAN one, Mr.GRINCH - your HEAT IS BLACK AS COALLLLL.

Spoiler

oldhabits2(2023-06-0221-02-39)(715.13410.5-475.75).thumb.jpg.8479db458a44899227ac6a04808763be.jpg

Old Habits II (the redo); Its a far better level than the 1st one. Actually worth playing - very much a old school(ish) Thief type map updated to TDM's standards.