The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4 is trash.

Mystry

Th other problem, as mentioned earlier on in this thread, is the amount of money the publishers invest in such games. They want the game to sell good, what is completely ok, but the more money you've put in the more has to come out.

Other thing is about they spending their money on these CG trailers, rather on the game itself. I may be wrong on this but, one trailer should be enough. And I mean a trailer with gameplay as well. Right now they made... 3 trailers if I'm not mistaken? Instant of making trailers, why not spending your money on the game? But like you said before Obsttorte and I agree with it, they should had asked what thief gamers desire of the franchise; so things like... removing XP of kills at last hour wasn't necessary to happened. I'm actually happy that they are removing unnecessary things, but they still have things that need be fixed :S.

You're all wrong, the blame lies with the Bilderberg Group.

Their conspiracy has, in recent years, taken a turn for the worse. Their new target is destroying popular western video game IP through over-funding and demanding huge profits. I am fairly sure the Illuminati are also plotting to remake TNG in 3D with every role played by Seth Rogen (hand-puppet to our Judeo-Masonic overlords).

I think that's what he means... made by women for modern girls and gays to play with and catering to the least intelligent set of abilities that a teen can have. Damn how I wish for the "stay in the kitchen and cook woman!" days of yore.

The problem is not a game made by females or gays... but the group behind the project and the person who hires people. The problem also comes to the point to hire fangirls to write a story, rather then a good female writer. Or going far hiring a fangirl that writes yaoi, instance of a real homosexual writer so the story can have a different perspective, and a more realistic view.

And the "stay in the kitchen and cook woman!" doesn't resolve the problem either, how do you want a woman to make a good game if you don't test her? Or if she never touched a game in her life? Or if she doesn't have the interest? Believed it not female audience are getting to the videogames market, specially to the casual ones. It is a start. And lest not talking about "gamers" that use their image and in the end call themselves female gamers.

I will left here a video that talks about female in videogame market well:

And with this I'm not defending feminists, I don't feet in their category.

There might be a few people left you haven't offended if you want to try again.

It was meant as sarcasm... but I must admit that I miss stories/games/movies/books that were written just for me and not my sister.

I actually despise having to fight female NPCs in games... it just does not feel right. I also don't like to play games that involve half naked, big breasted fashion models wielding 60lb swords... it totally lacks realism.

However having said that, I do realise that one has to take whatever the devs make if you want to keep playing games - something I should not really be doing at my age anyway.

However having said that, I do realise that one has to take whatever the devs make if you want to keep playing games - something I should not really be doing at my age anyway.

Disagree completely with both of those statements. And I think TDM makes the first one demonstrably false.

• Like 2

Am I the only one somewhat optimistic for Thief 4? I know it's not going to be exactly like the old Thief games but honestly I don't see how it is fair to call it trash just yet (apart from the story which seems to be pretty boring judging from the trailers).

Am I the only one somewhat optimistic for Thief 4? I know it's not going to be exactly like the old Thief games but honestly I don't see how it is fair to call it trash just yet (apart from the story which seems to be pretty boring judging from the trailers).

Well, i'm neither optmistic nor pessimistic, rather neutral. :) I won't be able to play the game when it comes out (computer too old and crappy), but i surely will play it at some time. I rather make up my own mind about it then, i don't trust 3rd party opinions much, especially when it comes to certain cult games, there'll always be some kind of fanboyism involved (no offense to anyone, that's just the way it is :)). And the game mag reviewers usually tend to go for the mass appeal also, and the gaming scene has changed, so. But judging from the videos i watched, it's not half as bad as it has been made in some places (ttlg forums e.g.). But then, i found Thief 3 wasn't half bad too, actually for me one of the best parts of the series. :ph34r:

I'm also optimistic about Thief 4, with the same caveat that it's not going to be the same as the classics. I'm ok with it not being the same as long as it's good. I loved Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and (though it is a different internal team) that game showed me that Eidos Montreal has the sensibilities to pull off a solid stealth game. Some stuff in the trailers didn't strike my fancy while others I thought were pretty cool, but I'm going to wait to judge it until I can play it.

Overall I think it's preferable that someone is making a triple-A game out of the license and keeping the series alive rather than letting it collect dust. If the game is good then great and if not then TDM and the older games will still be there waiting for us, entirely unaffected :)

I'm optimistic (and excited) to play it too, despite the fact that I'm often lumped in with the "ttlg hater" group. It's one of the main reasons I just recently did a PC upgrade. I know it won't be the same unique experience that the originals provided, but I also know there will be some fun to be had one way or another. I'm still holding out hope for an editor (the recent Community Manager posting at EM mentioned something about modding tools), but if not I hope the base game is at least good on the level of Dishonored or DXHR and we get some interesting DLC down the road. I agree 100% with Krypt too - it's nice knowing that even if the game sucks donkey balls, there's always TDM and the old games to fall back on.

And of course, there will be the enjoyment from over-analyzing every small little detail of the game once it's out and discussing on the forums. :D

I'm expecting "The Phantom Menace"--something that can be quite fun and enjoyable if you play with low expectations and pretend it isn't trampling all over the memory of something great.

• Like 2

its a reboot, or re-imagination of the original thief, not thief 4, anyway steam has more information about the special version pack, you'll get a comic book that will explain the background story of the new Garrett. Which basically reads as, we've left out an important bit about the background story to find out about it get the special version. (or just wait for someone to uploaded onto either youtube or some download site)

the booster pack will hasten your trip through the game by giving you extra health packs, and poppies and some special arrows, or early access to some special arrows, that you might get in game later on. Any bet some idiot will have finished the game within the day of its release then boast about it everywhere and then get verbally shot down for not getting it.

Am I the only one somewhat optimistic for Thief 4?

I guess what most people here fear is not that it will be a terrible game, but a terrible thief. Another point is that it is a reboot. Why reinventing the wheel?

But yes. In the end it is up to personal taste whether one consider it a good game or not. And however it will turn out, I guess it can only provide us with a boost of new members, especially as there doesn'T seem to be any support for custom map making.

For me personally, the game died due to it being released via Steam. So don't care whether it will be good or not. I only come to this thread to get my daily laughing. :laugh:

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

For me personally, the game died due to it being released via Steam. So don't care whether it will be good or not. I only come to this thread to get my daily laughing. :laugh:

What? If the Looking Glass Studios were still around and were developing Thief 4 instead of Eidos then it would still be released on Steam. I don't get your logic - the game is released on one of the biggest media in PC gaming that the majority of PC gamers use and it's suddenly dead?

Edited by Bridge