The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4 is trash.

Mystry

queen of beggars looks like a mirror image of Erin, the noses look the same but mirrored.

there's always the thing that if garrett caught the portal as it was closing then maybe time stood still for him for a year, while Erin went through the portal and was sent back in time to a point unknown at this time.

Edited by stumpy

If Erin did get sent back through time, to even before The City was as prominent as it was, and before Garrett was the master thief, then what the hell was her train of thought at the time?

I really hope she isn't the Queen of Beggars. I already hate the character as she is a spitting image of Granny Rags. Also, it begs (no pun intended) the question of why the hell she was silent about this, and didn't tell Garrett about what actually happened during the Channeling of the Primal, too prevent this from ever happening to the young Erin, and instead only spouts pointless and overly dramatic lines of mystic nonsense.

You know, here's an idea. How about... Erin dies, and... nothing. She's dead. There's no big twist. She dies on the job, and it's an event that Garrett has to live with due to the fact he didn't raise her right; didn't give her the chances he had, and give her the upbringing she needed. Personally, that speaks to me much better.

Edited by Nacht7

it might just be like other games where its a general face with added features for each female character. They started off with the same shape and got tweaked to look different. the black around the eye's and mouth would just be makeup, or whatever would be at hand, eg coal soot and some type of oil, eg like you can replace plaster with mashed potato for filling in cracks in the wall.

Edited by stumpy

Do you think that medallion was something made by the Keepers or might it have been made by someone trying to uncover the secrets of the Keepers? I don't remember the Keepers as having to rely on things like that help them with glyphs, and I don't recall them being much into inventing or constructing devices.

Do you think that medallion was something made by the Keepers or might it have been made by someone trying to uncover the secrets of the Keepers? I don't remember the Keepers as having to rely on things like that help them with glyphs, and I don't recall them being much into inventing or constructing devices.

Well this is a reboot remember so who knows.. maybe they reconstructed the old factions to suit their new Thief style.

Also.. welcome to the forums! :)

Edited by Goldwell
  • Like 1

I floated a theory over on that Eidos forums that maybe there's going to be some Mechanist involvement in this Thief. Not actual Mechanists but maybe some things left over from their time in the("the" is the wrong word, I should have said "a")Thief world.

Edited by Maijstral
  • Like 1

I was thinking perhaps the book the Brothers of the Awakened were using in that ritual contains knowledge/power from Karath-din that the Mechanists dug up and transcribed into it. And the Keepers might have sealed it. Hehe, it's probably nothing like that, but I enjoy speculating.

Edited by Maijstral
  • Like 1

Well, the book has something that at least looks like a gear on the front of it.

And the Lost City was plagued by earthquakes(probably buried by an earthquake.) Doesn't the Awakened fooling with the book cause an earthquake that breaks the glass causing Erin to fall?

Edited by Maijstral