The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4 is trash.

Mystry

Haha oh no you don't, not just yet. Update to an Escapist article about DK mobile..

Update: As confirmed by Gamasutra, EA has a rather sneaky way of getting all those 5-star reviews that Skalski values so much. When the game asks you to rate it on Android and you choose to give it less than 5 stars, it doesn't allow you to do so, and instead asks you to message the company with your feedback. Of course, if you pick 5-stars you can still alter your rating later, but nonetheless, it's a pretty underhanded tactic.

What the unholy fuck.

• Like 1

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

So those things are in the sanitarium. Is that some end stage of the plague? There was also one in what looked like a mine. Same location as the sanitarium or are these things widespread? I read something about encountering a supernatural creature under the Keeper library, but I can't remember if it was one of those.

Edited by Maijstral

You'd think the mods have to know some of those people are trolling, but they often reply as though they don't. EM's policy must be to err on the side of caution or something.

Who do think is trolling over there? Apart from contrarian (Miss Ann Thrope) and HERESY?

Biggest troll on the official forum seems to be Viktoria, if you ask me.

zwanzig zwolf for one. His posts tend to be very short though and don't attract much attention. He's from RPG Codex or someone else is using the same name. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Britney is trolling.

I don't know what to call what Viktoria is doing. Whatever it is got her banned from TTLG though.

Edited by Maijstral

Britney seems quite normal to me.

Maybe, but she seems awfully unaware of what has gone down with nuThief and is saying things that could hardly be better designed to annoy the nuThief fans. I expect soon we'll be reading about her looking forward to seeing Hammerites again then being shocked they aren't in the game.

rail tracks came before steam engine's. the mine wagons usally pulled by pit ponies or slaves. (during roman times)

I got banned from TTLG, told a troll over there what I thought of him/her and a mod banned me for a year, I just didn't go back after the year.

I got banned from TTLG, told a troll over there what I thought of him/her and a mod banned me for a year, I just didn't go back after the year.

Why am I not suprised, the people that own and run the forum are f***ing trolls themselves. But there are few mods who are always try to be helpfull despite the underlaying trend.

I think I have a high tolerance level for forum crap. I seem to be able to ignore it better than a lot of people. I'm rarely on the receiving end of it though and am not very confrontational to begin with. No denying things have gone drastically downhill at TTLG over the past several years though.

Edited by Maijstral

The naive are vocal in their turn and the stupid are more so in greater numbers in their dogpiling. If you get piled on by obnoxious circle-jerkers, take comfort in knowing that that's probably 90% of the people against you, whereas the people who agree or can think sensibly will stay quiet to save their breath and sanity.

That post is what I'm reacting to right now. SO much damage came from him starting his faux fundraising campaign, and all the PMs I got from genuinely concerned people who didn't realize they were falling for a hoax--newcomers aside. They wouldn't have been fooled and would've realized the cruelty

Cruelty? Really?

"faux fundraising campaign"?

I was genuinely trying to raise money for a new computer for you. I had set aside £100 (about $164) for it, AND I really was going to buy you a copy of Thief 4 to play on it. Other people were already on board with chipping in and it was only your and Goldmoon's behaviour that put the bosh on it.

In retrospect I'm glad it turned out that way [moderator edit]

I know about your medical problems and I know it's been hard for you. We're members of the same forums because we both loved the same game. There is some sort of kinship in that, no matter what our differences. You've talked about your difficulties many times and we all knew it wasn't going to be easy for you to just raise $1500 for a new gaming machine.

I'm really surprised at you to be honest. [moderator edit]

And to suggest that I'll buy an "extra" copy to "nullify" your boycott is the most self-important bs I've read in long while.

I don't think Thief 4 is going to be anywhere near what a true Thief game should be. I expect it to be a big disappointment. There is just no way that it will give us an experience that is anywhere like that we get from TDM or Thief 1 and 2. But to let our differences (me wanting to wait and give it a chance at least, and you wanting to pour all your sadness and bile and disappointment with the world all over it) mean that you mistrust an act of altruism so much that you post crap about me over here, calling my efforts to get you something I thought you might enjoy (especially as you've lots of problems) a "hoax" and cruel?

It's beyond the pale.

And don't trawl out that old "I don't want your charity, mang" rubbish. I was trying to be nice. And you don't deserve any charity.

Edit: I notice you've edited your sig to include the "get over yourself" location I temporarily set at TTLG forums.

I did that on purpose to see if you were frequenting TTLG and following my posts, and you fell for it. All it shows is that you do go to TTLG, no matter how much you moan about it here, that you did read this post and that you do know where to find and contact me.

And yet you still refuse to engage, to discuss this or to apologise for what you know is your own wrongdoing.

All this proves is what a bad person you are, and what a coward you are.

You know I'll engage in a reasonable discussion about this, you know I'd accept a sincere apology because you saw how tenacious I was in the initial thread where I offered to help you out. You saw how reasoned I was about what I was trying to do in the face of other people being horrible about it.

This is, of course, fabulous for your already shining reputation as a level headed and reasonable person and doesn't make you look bad at all.

Be an adult.

Stop being a coward.

Edited by Subjective Effect
no namecalling, please
  • Like 1

I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

In general, I'd like to see fewer posts venting about specific people. Talking about other forums in the abstract is one thing, but calling people out by name is unnecessary. If you have a personal beef with someone, PM them.

• Like 1

There are honest, nice people in this world who just want to help. I did the exact same thing a while ago.

Dude, you areally ARE generous! An IPS screen of that size still costs a substantial amount of money. Anyway, I'm glad to there are people who step out of their way to brighten up someone's life.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Wow, you bought Fen a new monitor? Good on you, AH. What a nice gesture. :)

One of these days I'm going to hit Fen up for a vocal set. :)