The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4 is trash.

Mystry

I notice no one's posting praise in the "positive" threads. Everyone's got their bowls of leeches for sucking out the bad blood.

Anyway, after finally watching the credits, I see neither of these guys are mentioned at all:

paulmario_small.jpg

Edited by jtr7
  • Like 1

A skunk was badgered--the results were strong.

I hope that something better comes along.

It's pretty clear that something significant changed about half-way through development. That whole motion-capture idea never materialized. Stephane Roy implied the game was a 3rd person game right up until the time he joined (which was only a year and half ago or so). Sounds that were already done were cut.

I can't wait for the insider scoop.

Speed-running is an enforced playstyle, you never do it first time. It's just the same as using no equipment or not levelling your characters in an RPG, stuff like that.

hehehe, I beat Might and Magic VII with four level one characters. I could even do it again, if given a mere few days to brush up on the game. :D Those were the days.
  • Like 1

I couldn't believe it when Roy said when he came aboard that development was unfocused, and the game was trying to be too many things, including too much like Assassin's Creed, and the first thing he did was ask the team to try and find a focus. But we still ended up with THIS after that!

I don't know man, he told them to find a focus and they did.......Literally :P

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

If the game was a 3rd person Assassin's Creed wannabe, and Stephane Roy came in and made it first person, I'll buy the guy a beer. For a Thief game, that makes all the difference in the world. 3rd person would have been a dealbreker for me (and I'm sure many other Thief fans).

i like the hub sections, but I dont like the main missions, hub section you can go a lot of places and it feels less on rails, main missions are rather linear and on rails. some of the side missions are linear and rail like, and the AI bug out a lot, so ghosting it isn't possible, there's a linear path through main missions and I keep coming across guards stuck facing the player in a doorway the player has to go through to follow the linear path, or spinning around on a spot cause the guard has lost the path, or the player has killed some doggies and it can't make up which doggie it should check for life first.

The Bank DLC was a huge disappointement for me. I was expecting something on the size of the First City Bank and Trust from Thief 2. It was filler. It's obvious it was one of the side missions that was taken out of the game for day one DLC.

It's short and meh.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Thief 4 was disaster, people though the voice actor was the disaster, but the entire game was a disaster. I think it all started off in the wrong direction, then someone put it back in right direction, but it was just too late, the damage had been done, there was no time to change anything, it was just cross your fingers and wish for a mircle. They should of taken blue print of Thief 2, create it on the level of thief2 no dumbing down, then just add aids for console gamers, that can be turned on or off. Stuff like map markers where you are. It would of been a great game. Instead they created a totally new blue print, got thing speeds wrong, level design wrong.

• Like 1

So, 3rd person would have been a deal breaker for you? What about the context movements? Is that a deal breaker as well? Are you cool with the on rails game play?

Trust me, I hate the contextual movements, the linear gameplay, the "on rails" stuff etc. I've been bitching about it for the past year since E3 2013. But no, not a deal breaker. Obviously not, I still bought the game.

Obviously not, I still bought the game.

And so now that you are playing the game finally, how does your speculative feeling of it compare to the actual experience? Is it better or worse than you had imagined? Also, if someone hacked in a free jump, are the things you can now jump on going to support Garrett landing on them, or will you just fall through the map anytime you go "off the rails". Because it seems like if you could free roam the city it is designed with tons of stuff a true Taffer would enjoy exploring!

I remember reading this... http://www.incgamers...c-review/2 "The City hub occupies a large area and provides further tantalising glimpses of half-decent Thief levels through secondary quests and creative interiors (though one of the best ones, the bank, was cruelly restricted to pre-orders.) But it lacks the flavour of the prior games’ Hammerite and Pagan factions and is populated only by patrolling guards and a handful of blank-eyed NPCs who will barely react to your presence. It’s also punctuated by endless loading zones and constructed in such a way that, once again, there tends to only be a few, designer-approved ways to reach your destination."

Fuck off NuGarret is NOT emo, nothing he says or does could be considered emo. He's actually pretty distant, aloof and uncaring except when Basso goes missing, then he actually shows some anger.

He is not repeat NOT emo!

And when his

bird died he was slightly shocked, showed only a little sadness,

not once has Garrett ever expressed anything near woe is me.

Hehe, well in my opinion this whole game is emo-fag right from the start. Can you see the old-real Garrett take on a psychotic-murderous-bad-mouthing-bitch-erin as a sidekick? No way, not even for a minute. It would be a gigantic liability for him, he works alone and his ego doesn't allow him to be put down by some brat bitch all the time. The plot would be better served if they made Erin the evil enemy mastermind that Garret had to save the city from.

hehe Garrett was afraid to tell his emo-buddy Basso that the bird died... Basso is a sensitive fellow you know :)