The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4 is trash.

Mystry

There's ghost walkthough on youtube

If you're thinking of the same guy that did the T4 walkthrough I saw, he also did the original Thief walkthroughs and he knows those games inside and out. Like he was just spouting out the location of every ammo/loot/secret on the map, it was clear he played those games to DEATH.

• Like 1

If you're thinking of the same guy that did the T4 walkthrough I saw, he also did the original Thief walkthroughs and he knows those games inside and out. Like he was just spouting out the location of every ammo/loot/secret on the map, it was clear he played those games to DEATH.

So they were ghost playthroughs? Because i did not watched them, only seen word ghost on clip covers. Did not cared for pure ghosting anyways, there is some scenes in thief4 where being spotted is quite appropriate.

And Ai do a nice job, making hiding even harder. The fact that gurds CAN find garret in the dark made game a lot better. Same with dogs and birds - unexpected but sweet flavour of "something new".

Put it all together - and there's a sequence of carefully crafted puzzles to ghost through.

Edited by someTaff

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?

I don't think that's a particularly accurate or honest portrayal of the events, jtr.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

So they were ghost playthroughs? Because i did not watched them, only seen word ghost on clip covers. Did not cared for pure ghosting anyways, there is some scenes in thief4 where being spotted is quite appropriate.

And Ai do a nice job, making hiding even harder. The fact that gurds CAN find garret in the dark made game a lot better. Same with dogs and birds - unexpected but sweet flavour of "something new".

Put it all together - and there's a sequence of carefully crafted puzzles to ghost through.

Yeh, he was ghosting and had settings set to "automatic die if spotted" and I watched him die quite a few times LOL. He does ghosts of T1 too, and it took him over an hour of quick loads to score a fire arrow shot in Haunted Cathedral without alerting enemies. He actually did alert a spider on the shot he kept, but he said he didn't notice it till completing the mission. I don't hold it against him because after taking that one shot for an hour straight I think it's fair to move forward.

I like both styles of play, but I actually like it better when guards could be RIGHT on top of Garrett and you weren't quite sure if they'd spot you or not (T1+T2), that was SOOOO nerve racking.

Yeh, he was ghosting and had settings set to "automatic die if spotted" and I watched him die quite a few times LOL. He does ghosts of T1 too, and it took him over an hour of quick loads to score a fire arrow shot in Haunted Cathedral without alerting enemies. He actually did alert a spider on the shot he kept, but he said he didn't notice it till completing the mission.

Is this ridiculus or what)))

Edited by someTaff

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?

It's certainly dedicated, the guy wanted the perfect shot, took him and hour to get it, only to find later it wasn't. Them's the breaks.

I turned the objective indicator off now as well and have been playing with no hud and object highlight and its ok. I have the minimap enabled but you have to hit M to toggle it on or off. That's what I do in lue of a compass. If I want to get my bearings, I hit M, get bearings and then hit M again to turn it off. Its just like a compass only not and more like a gps but its what we have to work with.

That's exactly what I'm doing.

I couldn't play it if I wanted to. This is a factual statement, and I can say that with more authority and knowledge than anyone can moan and bitch say that I cannot judge it thus.

Yeah we know you can't play it. You can't really know what it's like because of that though, can you? It's so different (inferior) to Thief 1 and 2 that you probably wouldn't want to anyway.

But original trilogy didn't have any of those things anyway... :P It is nice that you can disable those features, I just don't believe they should be there in the first place.

That's why I disabled them.

I don't mind them being there if it gets more people into Thief though, no matter what their route in. If people like this and start playing Thief 1 or 2 or TDM FMs because of it that's a good thing, no?

When I hear long time "fans" fawning over the new game they sometimes say something that makes me throw up in my mouth. It is this: "Im playing with all the settings to as close as possible to the originals". In light of the obliterated free form movement, what does that even mean?! As close to the originals as possible. I laugh my ass off at you for even saying something as silly as that. Why not just tattoo a dollar bill to your forehead its that silly.

It's how I like to play it. So what? The contextual movement has completely changed the way you play. This is mechanically far, far inferior to Thief 1 and 2. No one is denying that. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy it for what it is. I don't expect my bacon sandwiches to taste like a jamon bocadillo.

• Like 2

I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

I find it annoying, but people have the right to delete their posts if they want to. There's a quote function to maintain conversational flow.

It's not a glitch, he's doing it on purpose, effectively trolling the conversation since people took him seriously enough to not quote every breath he takes while conversing with him.

Do you really want people quoting everything they reply to? Even when they are replying to the post directly above them?

I do that most of the time, simply because it makes it easier to discern what I am referring to. Of course I keep this within reasonable limits - there are people out there that would quote a whole wall of text in their short answer without even thinking about it, and there are people out there who would quote the quote of a wall of text, thinking even less about it. Netiquette is everything, I believe.

• Like 2

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Thiaf is a smelly landfill with bits of treasure to dig out, and spend the rest of their lives whitewashing while we can only watch with raised eyebrows. EM made this game for SOMEbody, and of course, a few of those target-audience members will come around and...over-compensate.

Goodly members that keep asking questions that cannot be answered outside of PMs...for shame! :P

No one is over-compensating and no questions cannot be answered outside of PMs.

Ok sorry guys, I was just keeping the spirit of "Thief 4 is trash..." alive. And I had seen Subjecive Effects over at TTLG bashing the contextual movement pretty bad, I didnt know that had changed.

How has it changed? The contextual movement is the worst thing about the game. It's almost unreal for Dishonored to have more Thief-like movement than Thief.

That doesn't mean you can't enjoy the stealth in the game. It's not what it could be but meh, I can't get too worked up about it. It stops you exploring like you should, but it largely doesn't stop you from sneaking about.

I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

Doctor, my eyes

Tell me what is wrong

Was I unwise to leave them open for so long

'Cause I have wandered through this world

And as each moment has unfurled

I've been waiting to awaken from these dreams

A skunk was badgered--the results were strong.

I hope that something better comes along.

You're supposed to disregard the content of the posts themselves - they'll just be deleted at some point anyway. It's his signature that he wants you to see. Didn't you notice all the colorful and fancy fonts?

Edited by brethren