The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4 is trash.

Mystry

Can someone please explain to me what happens to his eye?

As far as I understand, he has no mechanical eye. That's clear from the trailer (the beginning) where both eyes are brown.

But later on, his right eye is now glowing. It's not mechanical, from what it seems. What the hell is it?

the people defending the combat might actually be working for EM posting anonymous comments, to make the game seem better than it actually looks.

I'm not surprised if that is the case. They will do everything to make sure Thieaf sells like hell. They are so focus to make Thieaf cool, rather then a Thief game. It makes to the conclusion that people working there didn't and never will play the other Thief games. The first time I actually saw on their site, there was a picture of the Thief II copy on a secretary or something, I though to myself they had understood the game, now seeing how it is becoming everyday it's sad.

Edited by Loa4ever

If I'm understanding the story correctly thus far...

Garrett and Erin were partners in crime for several years but due to certain fatalities caused on Erin's behalf, Garrett breaks off their companionship and they part ways for a few more years.

That is until the Channeling of the Primal. Basso organizes a heist for Garrett, a particularly big one. Though, Basso doesn't have full faith in Garrett completing this job and unbeknownst to Garrett, Basso hires Erin (surely at a price) to complete the same job, potentially rekindling their long lost partnership.

Garrett arrives on the scene, witnessing first hand from the roof a strange ritual occurring below him. Complications occur when Erin also enters this scene. Conflict spark between the two as Erin prepares to lunge in head on before something surreal happens. Judging solely from the trailer, some strange rift or portal opens, and Erin falls to supposedly her death as Garrett reaches out to save her unsuccessfully. Again, judging from the trailer, we several close cut shots of Garrett swinging above this portal, possibly averting it, though by the end he is rendered unconscious.

When he awakes, apparently a year has passed in his absence. With no recollection of recent events, with the exception of what he remembers before being incapacitated, he sees that The City has changed drastically. How, why, and when, is left unexplained, though it's clear that this mystery will be solved by the end of the game.

Well, as overly convoluted as that is, I am curious about the game's plot. This is honestly an interesting set up, though the whole side story with Erin's Claw should be left out.

I don't see why the writers couldn't simply say that she had an affinity for violence and tragically fell to her death, an event Garrett tried to prevent to the best of his ability. Do we honestly need to connect this characteristic and event with an obtainable item? And if they wanted the item in the game so bad, simply make it an item purchase, or something for the player to steal in a mission not relating to the story, i.e. in The City Hub.

But as I said, this strange occurrence that causes Garrett to progress a year into the future (or be gone for a year) and also seems to have an effect on the inner workings of The City's society is intriguing to say the least. I'm curious to see the resolve, and I pray that it is good.

Edited by Nacht7

So which is it?

1. Erin is an awesome thief; so good that Basso hires her as Garrett's backup for the most important heist ever (in which case it makes no sense that she loses her claw and falls to her "death" in a petulant "I'm not a child" moment.)

2. Erin is a petulant child who is "not ready yet" for a big heist (in which case, why would Basso hire her for such a big job?)

Also, how does it make sense to have the source of their conflict be Garrett's problem with her brutality, when every trailer we see shows him brutally breaking bones and snapping necks? What exactly does Erin do that's so abhorrent to Garrett, take them home to torture them slowly?

Well, as overly convoluted as that is, I am curious about the game's plot. This is honestly an interesting set up, though the whole side story with Erin's Claw should be left out.

I don't see why the writers couldn't simply say that she had an affinity for violence and tragically fell to her death, an event Garrett tried to prevent to the best of his ability. Do we honestly need to connect this characteristic and event with an obtainable item? And if they wanted the item in the game so bad, simply make it an item purchase, or something for the player to steal in a mission not relating to the story, i.e. in The City Hub.

But as I said, this strange occurrence that causes Garrett to progress a year into the future (or be gone for a year) and also seems to have an effect on the inner workings of The City's society is intriguing to say the least. I'm curious to see the resolve, and I pray that it is good.

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/14880-thief-4-is-trash/page__view__findpost__p__328193

See, if you compare the pictures of the Old Lady and Erin you'll see that they have the same black lips and the same beauty mark. Also, the Old Lady is blind, which may very well have happened when Erin fell into the bright light. After all, NuGarrett lost an eye to that light, and he wasn't that near to it. Sorry, but it's as simple as that.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Interesting equipment prices...if I were a thief, I'd rob the people who make broadhead arrowheads, since apparently they add 14gp in value to a regular arrow shaft.

post-9-0-91356400-1386874642_thumb.jpg

Normally, I'd think this idea too lame to be true, but maybe the "flash" is some kind of alternate dimension where time runs differently, so Garrett loses a year of life in a flash in just the brief moment he brushed the edge of it, while Erin is fully engulfed and becomes an old woman.

(although if the "queen of beggars" really is "as old as the city" then that wouldn't work)

If Erin turns out to be that old lady... god that would be so predictable and boring. I really hope that isn't the case but I could really see it happening.

As for the inventory screen Springheel, it's interesting to note the stock count.. Does this stock last for the level? if so it seems like overkill so I assume that the stock count is for the whole game which then makes it seem limited.

So many unanswered questions about this game and it comes out in 2 and a half months :/

I'd also be curious to know what "beauty mark" 7upman is talking about too - I did a freeze frame but couldn't see anything that stuck out.

And I wouldn't say she's blind - she doesn't have that stare effect that blind people have when they talk to someone. But something does seem wrong with her eyes,interesting at least given Garrett's eye situation.

Edit: You know, I don't get EM, all they did was talk up the lack of the supernatural during the E3 period, and now it appears magic/supernatural have a very large role in the new game. Did they change their mind or just not want to reveal the story too soon?

Edited by brethren

I don't see any moles on Erin's face when the lightning shows her face fully.

A direct comparison doesn't show the mole for me, either. Strange, I could swear I had seen Erin with a mole on one screenshot. Try as I might, but I can't find that website. I'll either have to go through my browser history again or wait for more evidence to show up. However, there are still the black lips, and if you pay attention to Erin's left eyebrow, its form looks pretty similar to the Old Lady's.

post-3427-0-06957800-1386890278_thumb.jpg

post-3427-0-34061500-1386890285_thumb.jpg

Edited by 7upMan

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.