The Dark Mod Forums

Warhammer: Shadow of the horned rat

someTaff

Just curious if anybody have seen this hardcore masterpiece in the time of Win95. Twas so cool at the time or seemed so. Followed by Enslaved on stereo twas a blast.

Point is it's time to make a remake ow yeah! On unity. For android. Shadow of the hammer or something like that. So if you an artist or you know unity fell free to join!

Edited by someTaff

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?

Edit: actually I played rip months ago and did found out that AI is kinda lousy-stright-a-go type, and what seemed as hellish hardcore challenge was in fact a result of dull strightforwardness of enemy units hehe. . . So what!? It's even easier that way! Join before I finish this baby all by myself and make tons of googlewallet money!

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?

>On unity

>For Android

It's like you want it to have the shittiest performance possible by combining bloat with bloat. Get yourself a decent programmer, use a proper multiplatform graphics engine, and GPL the whole thing. Oh, and don't forget you can't use any name, concept, or character belonging to the Warhammer lore, because Games Workshop will sue the living hell out of you, if you even dream of doing so. Then we can discuss details.

Zergrush u no like unity? It runs pretty well on low-mid-end phone (as for demo with terrain, skybox and camera). Peeformance is my main concern. Would they sue for game mechanics?

Zergrush u no like unity? It runs pretty well on low-mid-end phone (as for demo with terrain, skybox and camera). Peeformance is my main concern.

If performance really is your main concern, you're better off doing something from scratch. I do recognize Unity is pretty attractive for developers due to its full suite of handy tools and compatibility with several devices and OSes, but it's not really multiplatform, because it's not open source.

Would they sue for game mechanics?

No, because they can't copyright those. What GW may C&D you for are characters, concepts, specific names (of places, objects, people, etc), and, to a certain extent, board game rulesets. A good example is the Alien Assault game, developed by a friend of mine, originally meant to be a complete PC conversion of the Space Hulk board game. He mailed GW for months, attempting to get permission to distribute it with the Space Hulk name under a freeware non-commercial license, and after months of silence, GW simply told him no. As a result of that, he was forced to alter names, maps, some rulesets, and even armor designs. You really don't want to mess with GW because they're REALLY protective of their own intellectual property.

• Like 1

Yep I can see me doing aal the engine stuff from skratch... thanks but no. Unity works- thats good enough and has huge community. Found free pathfinding toolset today! Making a multitouch camera controller half from examples half from reference and I never did a line of c#. For every thing one might need someone did and left a forum thead. So I hope this will be fast.

Btw there new engine coming - Anarchy Havok, supposedly better.

Played wshr today on ps emulator - controls are main downside.graphics still Good.

• 2 weeks later...

basic footman (grudgebringer infantry) with idle animations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvQkc7VE9U

And thats the perspective and distance from wich will be viewed

Image707.PNG0

Crappy zoom in, decent from a bird view! Now to walk, run and fight cycles

Speed painted in Blernder Texture Pait - symbol on the chest supposed to be a hammer but in stretched out and turned into a tree

Edited by someTaff

Looks like there's two of us now and pre-alpha code being repoed to bitbucket. Three more spots left so join in if you like Total War and Warhammer and can do something in Blender or Unity.

• 2 weeks later...