The Dark Mod Forums

Looking for beta testers

Melan

nbohr1more: Excellent!

Springheel: You will be right in time to play the finished FM!

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

My main computer is currently a rather shitty laptop so if you want me to test for performance issues I will gladly! :)

Springheel: You will be right in time to play the finished FM!

Would you mind if I test it in 2.0? It would be great if any new missions coming out now were 2.0 compatible, to save extra work later.

All right! We've got three testers, Springheel for 2.0 and Bikerdude for performance. That's just right. Thanks for the interest, I'll try to send you something soon.

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

plus Bikerdude (performance-related issues in one area... who would have thought! :ph34r:).

Hehe, I look forward to seeing it in the flesh young man and If need be I can perf the mission before the beta testing etc.

@Tyler, what are the specs of your laptop so I know how far to go with the perfing.

Intel I5-2450M 2.5GHz

AMD Radeon HD 6800M

and the ram I am not sure because it is shared between everything. All I know is this laptop can barely run Skyrim and it overheats like crazy which causes games to stutter, slow down and eventually my whole laptop reboots.

With the darkmod most missions are ok however the average FPS is pretty meh and doesn't really feel like a smooth playthrough.

*sigh* I really need a better PC like an actual desktop PC. Laptops just don't do games well :/

PM sent! Now, I can finally sleep. :ph34r:

whats the exact mode of the hd6800m?

(I know I sound like a complete newbie here but) I don't know what the means, how would I find it out?

And the specs I guess on paper aren't too bad it's mostly just the overheating issues it really craps out once anything too intensive starts happening and it gets really really choppy. I bought a special laptop fan but that only mildly helps the problem.

• (I know I sound like a complete newbie here but) I don't know what the means, how would I find it out?
  • And the specs I guess on paper aren't too bad it's mostly just the overheating issues it really craps out once anything too intensive starts happening.

I'll drop you a PM as we are getting off-topic.