The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Solar Escape 1

Tr00pertj

You said in your post above that you could upload and do the honors on the main mission page when you get home.

Which I failed miserably at as I completely forgot, but as I have to rebuild the " fence_spike_01_tall_1_segments.ase " model which is causing the crashing in the mission I will intergrate that into the mission then up load it.

Thanks Bikerdude,

No worries mate when you get to it, hey.

I've been working on my new map It`ll be a squeal to my beginner mission and at the moment is proving a time consuming experience, I haven't got to the frustrating bit yet :rolleyes: Posting for beta tests. I give it 2-3 weeks if all goes to plan.

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

stumpy -- from tech support thread

and these are the model files in solarescape1.pk4 file

fence_spike_01_tall_2_segments.ase

fence_spike_01_tall_4_segments.ase

just done a test map and this model version 1.08

fence_spike_01_tall_1_segments.ase

causes a segfault, its in the solarescape1.map and there's no replacement for it.

I thought this was replaced with the 2.0 *fixed* version in beta test? No one could get the map to load because of this and it was replaced with 2.0 version and then everything worked.

So did I Lux,

When I replaced the 02 & 04 models everything ran fine so I assumed the issue was with them 2 models only but it seems I was mistaken.

It makes scents that the 01 model would be effected too I suppose just didn't occur to me

I still have had no crashes running it since including the models Bikerdude allowed me to include on Win 64bit.

Edited by Tr00pertj

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

You dont need my perms to use these as they are direct replacement for the stock tdm models.. :-)

Just covering all bases making sure I don't step on any toes.

Plus there is no way I could fix em.

When you finish the model repair and add it to solar escape1 let me know where\when so I can download it.

On another matter.. how hard is it to have the player teleport to another map region? any tuts online?

Edited by Tr00pertj

Wonderful small mission but I am stuck and don't know where to - find something valuable, obtain info (last objective), can you please help?

Hi Friendly_Taffer

check in Creep's desk and on top of it in the secret room. The secret room is well... a secret. There is a hint of it's location in the diary found on the stone bench on the patio area.

Edited by Tr00pertj

@ Bikerdude

Thanks for the help much appreciated:)

On another matter.. how hard is it to have the player teleport to another map region? any tuts online?

The simplest way to do this is to use the entity called "info_player_teleport". Put it in your map at the location and angle you want the player to teleport to, and then make the entity's target the player start (should be called "info_player_start_1" by default). Now when you trigger the entity the player should be teleported to it. This only works for moving the player, if you want to teleport other entities you need to use an atdm:teleport entity.

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

Thanks moonbo

Will be trying this in my current working map.

By the way, I just want to say a hearty congratulations for completing this mission! To have new members show up, start learning the editor and then release a mission in a relatively short period of time is very encouraging! TDM will only flourish if more people do what you did. :)

Thanks guy's,

Inspired from all the old FM's for TTMA that I know you contributed, made, or inspired, I downloaded Dromed and opened it up... Then I closed it and didn't even make one box in it.

It shone on me that I should start and learn with a newer editor.

And so began my mapping life, I can't get enough. Sure it can be frustrating at times but with a community like this, and help just a post away, I love it.

Looking forward to some new missions from you guy's I hope I gave some of you a shot in the arm to get back mapping:) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Some chaotic and illogical architecture here and there: fenced balcony have more "secret" entrance than room behind big portrait (btw I manage to go through this fence, I think only horizontal bars have collision model -someone have to look and redo carefully this model). But maybe only I'm in pain when I see chimney on roof, not existing on attic, and shifted for 1 meter on lower floors (Knighton manor) :unsure: .

A bit small but a goal was to make it work -so good work!

S2wtMNl.gif

HaHaHa LoL:

fenced balcony have more "secret" entrance than room behind big portrait

Thanks ERH+,

I will go back to it eventually and put that chimney in as well as a few extra stuff need's doing, Ambient sounds, chimney protruding the roofs. etc.

Very nice mission, Tr00pertj !

Overall quite a challenge on limited space.

I was a bit surprised that the girl did not mind my presence in the house. Oh well, at least one AI that I did not have to worry about while running around like mad and trying to find a way to find some more keys and finally make some progress.

Don't how long it took me to find the

expected entrance to the balcony

A little nit and a question if you don't mind: the flowers in the flower bed near the frontdoor are rocksolid and you have to climb over them. Weird.

Assuming this is a TDM stock-resource, does this indicate a problem in the model itself, or in the way you integrated it into the mission?

@Bikerdude: could you correct the mission name on the download server, please?

See this post.

The girl was made friendly (team 5) I think so the player doesn't have to worry about her but has to find out them selves.

The flowers probably could have been noclip I suppose. didn't test to see if you can still jump up to the spiked fence gap on the garden wall if they were made noclip.

No problem with those models as far as I know.

Congratulations on your first mission Tr00pertj! It was a nice little challenging mission. I seem to be the only one that's had a unique experience with it so I will speak of that.

I had no trouble realizing the loot goal in fact that was my first and only goal checked off for quite awhile as I could not find a secret room anywhere. From reading the clue in the diary and reading here I knew there was one but was having no luck so left it over night and came back to it this morning. Found it finally fairly quickly even though I'd been in the spot several times. Anyways once in the room I grabbed the valuable loot and this happened (note the lower left corner)post-3777-0-66604800-1375031492_thumb.jpg this stayed until I picked up another item of loot. The next difficulty I had was trying to find a way into the church as noted in the diary. I tried to kill the spiders (because I must) and could not because they seemed to be stuck in the wall. (this happened in another mission but don't remember which one) so I used a noise arrow to draw them out so that they would continue on their path. I had to wait quite a while for them to settle but I finally managed to kill them. I could not find a church entrance anywhere in the cave so went into the sewer and was surprised when the mission ended and I was still short on loot (I like it all). I spent quite a lot of time running back and forth between the church and the cave looking for a missing entrance until I ended up no-clipping around between the two out of frustration(sorry) and much to my surprise I spotted the missing loot. Never did find a way into the church as the diary hinted at.

Anyways despite some frustrating occurrences I did enjoy the mission and look forward to more from you. Sorry this is all bunched up, I can't seem to make paragraphs in my posts any more.

Congratulations on your first mission Tr00pertj! It was a nice little challenging mission. I seem to be the only one that's had a unique experience with it so I will speak of that.

I had no trouble realizing the loot goal in fact that was my first and only goal checked off for quite awhile as I could not find a secret room anywhere. From reading the clue in the diary and reading here I knew there was one but was having no luck so left it over night and came back to it this morning. Found it finally fairly quickly even though I'd been in the spot several times. Anyways once in the room I grabbed the valuable loot and this happened (note the lower left corner)post-3777-0-66604800-1375031492_thumb.jpg this stayed until I picked up another item of loot. The next difficulty I had was trying to find a way into the church as noted in the diary. I tried to kill the spiders (because I must) and could not because they seemed to be stuck in the wall. (this happened in another mission but don't remember which one) so I used a noise arrow to draw them out so that they would continue on their path. I had to wait quite a while for them to settle but I finally managed to kill them. I could not find a church entrance anywhere in the cave so went into the sewer and was surprised when the mission ended and I was still short on loot (I like it all). I spent quite a lot of time running back and forth between the church and the cave looking for a missing entrance until I ended up no-clipping around between the two out of frustration(sorry) and much to my surprise I spotted the missing loot. Never did find a way into the church as the diary hinted at.

Anyways despite some frustrating occurrences I did enjoy the mission and look forward to more from you. Sorry this is all bunched up, I can't seem to make paragraphs in my posts any more.

Thanks Thiefette,

No worries I understood it all :rolleyes:

As grayman said above it may be a TDM bug with the overlay-ed icons.

The spiders in the wall/ground problem I will fix one day when I go back to it. Sorry bout that one. I did use some monsterclips But as ERH+ eludes to I should have used much more.

As for the ( I could not find a church entrance anywhere in the cave) This be my fault again :unsure: Should have made it clearer in the readables.

I'm a beginner and solar escape1 was my first map so these are all good learning curves for me to climb. Thanks for the feed back :D

Edited by Tr00pertj