The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Solar Escape 1

Tr00pertj

Thanks AluminumHaste,

It's my first and not very big. Hope you enjoy it. :D

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

Just finished it. Very nice first mission!

I had a hard time finding the exit (I would have needed a hint like a glowing mushroom or something else - I must have passed the exit ten times or so) and some loot is just out of reach for me, but overall: Very nice and I have to play it again... Thanks!

Thanks fraten,

Yeah I should have may be put something around the drain pipe somewhere to illicit interest but hay I thought just leave it and they will find it. I did put a sound that starts in the tunnel as you approach the exit trigger.

Where you from?

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

A little nit and a question if you don't mind: the flowers in the flower bed near the frontdoor are rocksolid and you have to climb over them. Weird.

@ Tr00p: For future reference things such as flowers and weeds can be given the spawnarg "nonsolid" "1". This means the player can walk through them instead of climbing over them as if they were solid.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

Just played this under 2.0 and there are a couple of textures that seem to be missing, as the specific faces appear black in game. Did you had a betatester testing this under 2.0?

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Played under v2 and the only really obvious problem was in the entrance to the sewers where the textures are a bit mixed up on the floor with the middle section flashing

A really nice first effort although some of the loot locations were a bit odd. I never did find out how to get to the one on the roof.

Regarding the secret room I don't know if it is a v2 foible but

I never did see the button even after operating it - I assume it was behind the plate thing

Thanks Oldjim,

The top window frames are made of wood. The player has a lantern, if it's used behind the big picture you can catch a glimpse of the switch.

Edited by Tr00pertj

Got that sorry mate the old grey matter isn't what it used to be hay.

Re secret room switch

with the lantern I could see the frame of the switch but not the switch itself - however that certainly lit up very well and worked

Regarding loot on the roof

I used that method to get to the loot on the window ledges but didn't find any frames close enough to the roof to climb on it - will have another go this evening although I will need to recover one or more of the rope arrows without getting killed. Note I can't really play during the day because the light coming into the room with my monitor is too bright to see dark areas clearly

Very fun little mission! I think the only thing I can criticize, this being your first work, is that the loot requirements are a bit high in my opinion. I usually go for the easiest difficulty specifically to avoid loot hunting, but in this case it didn't make any difference. So all my initial effort to keep the mission clean and neat went down the drain because to find the remaining loot I couldn't keep all those people alive and breathing.

@Diego : It can be done without any kill but patience is required in having to wait a few times until AI are out of the way.

Are you running TDM 2.0 or 1.08? 2.0 will be a bit harder as the AI have much more sensitivity towards sounds and environmental changes. I made the mission on 1.08.

Running 1.08. Yeah, it can definitely be done without killing. The reason I killed everyone was to be able to look for the remaining loot without them bothering me :laugh: I had even already navigated through the whole level and completed all missions without been seen.

Hi all, Just letting all Know I updated the map for 2.0 and it's working OK. Fixed a few bugs and added some minor aesthetics.

@ Bikerdude, Could you upload to official site again, I'm not sure what to do.

Link: https://skydrive.liv...AGoDUMy10MrYWu4

Edited by Tr00pertj

• 2 months later...

It seems that the version on the servers is still the original one.

It does not have the fixes from august 21.

Could someone look into it?

I wonder if there is a procedure that needs to be followed in order to make sure a mission gets updated.

Like a special thread or sending a PM to someone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It seems that the version on the servers is still the original one.

It does not have the fixes from august 21.

I fear this is the case. The version that I downloaded from the game got two bugs:

-There is no ambient music

-The sewer is pretty bugged

I finally finished this mission after struggling with it for a while, but I honestly had to read this thread to find the

two secret doors.

Damn that was frustrating!

Things I liked:

+The readables are very nice, especially Creep's journal.

+I liked the cave with the spiders and the undead, and Creep's victim note.

+Very clever secret room entrance in the attic. Fortunately, there is a hint in the diary for it. This part reminded me of Thief's Den.

Things I disliked:

-This mission was too hard for me. I wouldn't have the patience to complete it without reading this thread.

The secret door to the balcony seem illogical and random to me. It could use a hint somewhere.

-As Moonbo said, the sewer seemed like a dead space.

-There is some glowing stones in the cavern, but they don't seem to affect my Light Gem. I know that this could be something related to TDM though.

-Changing the difficulty of the mission does not affect its objectives.

-Having no sword is weird, and it was really illogical for me that there was one in the torture room, but I couldn't grab it.

-IMHO the quantity of loot necessary to complete the objective should be lower.

Edited by Jon Irenicus

• 1 month later...

Mirroring the loot requirements being kind of hard to fulfill. I only had...

1699 out of 2232

When I was done, and no idea really where the rest could be. I had to

rope up to a wooden ledge just to find a bag of red gems to tick off the objective requirement

but couldn't find any more after that or even any ledges outside that looked like they could be roped up to, climbed up to, that contained any loot. Had issues finding the

secret that led to the rooftop

• 1 year later...

\Hi, I've rope arrowed my way up to the roof of the covered porch of the inn, where the tables are. I see a stone slab on one corner of the roof but I dont see any switches or otherwise to open it so I can access porch. I see a key in there. If not through the roof, is there another way to access that area?

fosig_zpshhfnjs18.png

\Hi, I've rope arrowed my way up to the roof of the covered porch of the inn, where the tables are. I see a stone slab on one corner of the roof but I dont see any switches or otherwise to open it so I can access porch. I see a key in there. If not through the roof, is there another way to access that area?

If memory serves,

you have to climb up the ladder inside the building, then turn around and frob the wall opposite you, across the gap.

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

• 2 months later...