The Dark Mod Forums

How do I download youtube vids with Firefox?

Fidcal

I rarely watch vids on the net because of limited bandwidth but it occurred to me if I get a downloader then at least I need only download once. I got a plug in for Opera ages ago. It never worked.

So, tried Firefox today and downloaded one called Easy. Yeah right. Stupid name. No instructions at all. Couldn't see any way to use it so googled. Found this...

When you watch a video, you'll see the add-on has appeared on the information sheet in the top right hand corner of the video, beneath the embedding options.

Information sheet? Embedding options? I know nothing about these nor can I see anything in the top right hand corner except 'share'.

Any ideas how to use this (in simple English please.)

Footnote: If I look in the add-ons I see the Easy downloader with buttons to disable and remove so I assume that means its installed and working?

Recently I had RealPlayer ( http://eu.real.com/?mode=rp ), just need to disable update in autostart, but some other "part" of program have to work in background. It show up as button in up-right corner of video (youtube and some other sites too).

Now installed YTD Video Downloader ( http://www.ytddownloader.com/ ), it have small icon in corner of browser bar, you can chose there resolution and video format. It is good choice ,so far, but a search icon (search tool bar equivalent?) pop up over text whenever I highlight text with mouse (you can disable it).

Edited by ERH+

S2wtMNl.gif

You could also try Downloadhelper

https://addons.mozil...per/?src=search

Ninja'd. A friend of mine used it, too. He said it's the best one of those he tried. It allows you to download in different qualities, too, what might be helpful if your bandwidth is limited.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Well, use 'em all :smile:

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

if you want to take the difficult route, use adblock (everyone should have adblock always anyway), open up the list of blockable things, and search through the object subrequests for the appropriate source. The link is always gibberish bordering on obfuscation, but once you get the hang of it, its not too rough. Can use this for pretty much any streaming video source on the interweb.

I think it's very simple to download from Youtube.

many way/program and software can help you do it.

I'm using av tube which we just need to paste URL of video to link box and download it.

Of course, free.

If you haven't had one, search it up

I've done plenty of searching on and off over the last couple of years. I've downloaded and tried three, one from this thread, and none of them could I get to work, hence this thread. I suspect there's a bit of information missing somewhere.

keepvid.com

Really it's that simple, copy your youtube link, for example: http://w ww.youtube .com/watch?v=2edzsIkdSxw and paste it into the textbox and press the Download button. Let the Java applet run, then pick the » Download MP4 « - 720p - 25.0 MB

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

I use DownloadHelper and it's worked for me.

Only thing is sometimes I want to just rip an MP3, and then I'll use one of the YT2MP3 sites, but now all those sites are down... I think sometime I got an app that does it too, but I'd have to go back & look since I haven't done it in a while now.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

First off I downloaded Downloadhelper. This installed okay in Firefox and there seemed to be good instructions and even a test video.

The instructions say a new button is added to the bar - correct, I see a button with three circles feinted out - correct.

It says run the test video and the button should become coloured and a drop down arrow should appear. I run the video (their own test video) button doesn't change. It's still feinted out. I click it anyway and get some kind of list but it doesn't match their tutorial - there's no video to select.

I must be cursed I guess. I knew I shouldn't have insulted that witch.

I've ran out of time for now. I'll try a different one later or tomorrow.

1 Click Youtube Downloader is the addon that I use, not as good as the one I used to have, but that one stopped working so...

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Installed the 1-click one and it says there should be a red button somewhere - only there isn't.

Clearly something broken or missing in both my Firefox and Opera... :(

This kind of reminds me why I gave up on trying to download videos years ago...

That is bizarre, the red button is there for me.. have you tried reinstalling Firefox? (After backing up bookmarks and settings, of course). I used to have crippling performance problems with FF around the time they went from 3.xx to the 4 5 6 numbering scheme Chrome set, and by version 5 FF was almost unusable, a reinstall has seen me right all the way up to the current version. Failing that, you're stuck googling for the websites that'll do it for you.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I finally bit the bullet, uninstalled then totally wiped Opera (after saving what settings I could find) then reinstalled. So, for the first time I can see a button on a web page and downloaded a video! I used that download as MP4 one but later I might try some of the others again too.

Still have to sort out Opera though... :( I put the profile folder back and I'm hopeful about importing my bookmarks but the config is messed up. I'll check what ini files I backed up. I don't want to copy back anything that might mess up extensions again.

Thanks again for all support.

I think I've worked out what the fault was. I previously had javascript set in Site Preferences but not globally. Natually, I checked previously that javascript was enabled for Youtube and, of course, it was - but in Site Preferences only. So clearly, these extensions in Opera, and likely in Firefox too, are not testing Site Prefs, they are just testing the javascript global setting (unless it's the browser make the mistake for all extensions?)

So... I have javascript enabled for Youtube in Site Prefs but it doesn't work. I set it it the global prefs and the download button appears. Unset it and the button disappears.

• Like 1