The Dark Mod Forums

Sotha's Animations

Sotha

Yes, seems much better. Although I'm curious...are you exporting the female animation at a different scale? They look like they're the same size during the hug, but female animations are supposed to be 93% the size of the males. It kind of looks like she shrinks a bit when she goes back to her walk animation. Probably not super noticable in an animation like this.

Both the girl and the boy both use exactly the same animation. I think the exporter had a scale utility, so maybe making a dedicated girl version would be possible. At any rate, I don't think anyone would spot the enlargement unless they vere told to look for it.

@Simplenoob, thanks. I really wanted some warm and fuzzy feeling into it.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I don't think anyone would spot the enlargement unless they vere told to look for it.

[insert Merry's eyebrow pic here]

• Like 1

2aAp7H7.png

Master Builder... [sniff]

Hear my humble plea.. [sob]

I can't take it anymore... [sniff] I'll find a leak and jump into the Void... Just to avoid my wretched faith.

Please... Just don't let that horrible, horrible Sotha break my elbows anymore...

Dammit those elbows are difficult. Some poses just can't look good!

• Like 4

Clipper

Hey!

I made an update to the urinating anim, which fixes two critical errors:

1) neck joint movements replaced with head joint movements. Some AI heads will no longer be dislocated.

2) ehm... The penis was frobable and the player could.. err. carry the AI around using that as a handle. This was fixed.

Sorry about those. If you used this in your map, be sure to update your files from this archive.,

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

• Like 3

Clipper

LOL, I just found my new sig line.

Thanks for the fix, I was already using the sound in my WIP and intended to implement the anim too, I had just added the AI last night but not gotten to this part yet, so timely!

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

I haven't tested this yet, but what happens when you interrupt him while he's urinating?

• 3 weeks later...

Technically, making splashes on the floor, at the position where the pee hits is very, very difficult. It is only a cosmetic thing, and getting it right would require far too much work.

Actually, using the conversation system to align the direction the AI faces, I was able to get him to consistently aim perfectly into the close edge of a pot, no matter which way he approached from. But I wouldn't include splashes natively, the mapper could provide them separately if desired.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

• 2 weeks later...
Some of us are getting map errors due to the missing penis:

Now there's a quote for the webpage.

• Like 1

You know what we really need? A cowering animation. Any AI that attempt to flee but cannot, either because they are blocked, or there is no flee point, should cower on the floor.

Right now they just stand there.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

We do have cower animations, and AI are supposed to randomly play them in the scenario you describe.

• 2 weeks later...

Builder be praised!

8KSkAFY.jpg

A method to alleviate the Hideous Elbow issue was found!

It is an interplay of "Left/RightArmIK", "Left/RightForeArmIK", "Left/RightArm" and "Left/RightForeArm" bones.

First tune the IKs so that the hand is roughly in the position it needs to be. Then pull the arm straight with "Left/RightArmIK" so that you can see the vertices in the elbow clearly. Now rotate the "Left/RightArm" and "Left/RightForeArm" bones. There is a green zone of few degrees where most of the anomalies disappear. The elbow anomalies are best visible with elite guard (layer 5) and zombie (layer 8). Finally push the hand back in with "Left/RightArmIK" and fix the hand rotation with "Left/RightHand" bone.

• Like 1

Clipper

I have no experience at all with Blender so I can't help with anything really technical, but as it was previously said it appears to have 3 bones in that area. Can you post a picture with the bones visible? It could help people help you probably. Usually it's the animator who creates the bones. If this isn't the case here and the modeler has you could ask him if he's still around to fix it. On the other hand you could simply delete the skeleton and remake it yourself. It's a lot of work but seeing that you're the one who activelly creates animations it'd help your workflow a lot if you are familiar with the skeleton and what purpose each bone is made for.

There are great programs for animations so if you are interested in that area I could suggest some. If you're set on Blender reading about Rigging and Skinning could help you solve the problem without having to know anything about IK.

On the other hand you may already know all that so consider this a free bump. My animation knowledge is limited to the bare requirements to pass the exam. I was never interested in it.

Sometimes I want to scream

So long that life escapes

And then I'd shut my eyes

I'd be the angel of disgrace

If this isn't the case here and the modeler has you could ask him if he's still around to fix it. On the other hand you could simply delete the skeleton and remake it yourself. It's a lot of work but seeing that you're the one who activelly creates animations it'd help your workflow a lot if you are familiar with the skeleton and what purpose each bone is made for.

Nah, I'm not that level of perfectionist, and given the amount of people working on the mod, some level roughness simply has to be accepted by the community and the player base. I'm not even a modeler or a real animator, just a TDM mapper who wanted self-teach and self-learn to expand his repertoire and learn something easily processable.

I am content and I'll do what I can with the tools I'm given. The elbows look just fine for all the other characters. Seeing all the trouble just the get the girl elbows look slightly less angular would be insane. The basic level of improvement seen in the screenshot will have to suffice.... Unless some kind of easy, simple and silly fix suddenly emerges.

Clipper

• 3 weeks later...

Nah, I'm not that level of perfectionist, and given the amount of people working on the mod, some level roughness simply has to be accepted by the community and the player base. I'm not even a modeler or a real animator, just a TDM mapper who wanted self-teach and self-learn to expand his repertoire and learn something easily processable.

I am content and I'll do what I can with the tools I'm given. The elbows look just fine for all the other characters. Seeing all the trouble just the get the girl elbows look slightly less angular would be insane. The basic level of improvement seen in the screenshot will have to suffice.... Unless some kind of easy, simple and silly fix suddenly emerges.

Can you send me the blend file with the original skeleton without any change? I have some basic understanding of rigging so i could try to see what purpose does that bone have.

Btw Is that bone in or out of the mesh? If out then it could be a simple IK vector bone what some call up vector control, it is used to control the direction of the elbow when moving the bones using Inverse Kinematics (IK), if true then exists similar bones on the other elbow has also both knees, it works like a viewpoint control used on some rigs to control where the character eyes look.

• 4 weeks later...

I experimented with scale option of the exporter. It has the same effect as scaling objects in the viewport. Here's an animation exported with scale 1:

post-2001-0-44081600-1400428148_thumb.jpg

scale 0.96:

post-2001-0-02543800-1400428149_thumb.jpg

scale 0.7:

post-2001-0-58533400-1400428149_thumb.jpg

However, scaling animation does not scale the model, it just deforms it.

It's only a model...

• 2 weeks later...

Being a bit burned out in animating, I'm closing a lot of side projects now, so that I can focus on my WIP without distraction.

Here is the praying animation. It is not perfect, but certainly usable for mappers who need it.

http://youtu.be/rR8m0L7u4Qs

I'll release it once I get my WIP ready. If someone really, really needs it sooner, just PM me.

All the vocals the AI utter are completely random. Gotta laugh at the rude priest. =D

• Like 3

Clipper