The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Vengeance for a Thief Part 2 by Sir Taffsalot (06/09/2013)

Sir Taffsalot

19 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance

2. 2. Gameplay

• Bad
    • Could be better
    • O.K.
    • Good
    • Perfect
  3. 3. Story

• Bad
    • Could be better
    • O.K.
    • Good
    • Perfect

Thanks, I got them now :) I don't know why I thought it was so hard at the start...

I guess just had one rope arrow and if I fired above the balconies I would lose it, and I didn't figure out I can just fire on the balcony railing itself and it will stick, and still get it back.

Thanks for a great map Sire Taffster, the lack of complete darkness inside and the watchmen with lanterns make it a real heart-stopper at times, loved all the tense lockpicking moments :)

Only drawback was maybe the streets felt a bit empty, could do with some more people (even if night).

The Garden was confusing, does it have a point or just for dressing? I spent a long time trying to figure if there was something to be done there - although this might be your intention, to throw a 'red herring' in the water? :P

Also, the Pagan worship apartment with spawning zombie was AWESOME :ph34r:

Thanks guy!

Edited by Shadrach

The garden is just an alternative way to walk through the city while simultaneously being a bit of eye candy. Sorry if you thought there was more to it.

If your low on rope arrows you can steal three of them from the display cabinet in the museum plus all the other arrows on display in the museum's weapons room.

I'm glad you liked the map. Thank you for taking the time to play it.

Sire Taffster

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

• 2 months later...

Finally got my new computer so I can now play this yay! Tried the beta on my laptop but sadly it wouldn't run inside the museum but now.. heh :D

Going to be the first FM I play on my new computer. Will update to let you know what I think! :)

Edited by Goldwell

• 8 months later...

I enjoyed very much VengeanceForAThief1, getting out of the prison and the city and so on.

This mission is nice, but the first playthrough is a bit tricky.

At first I was frustrated that I couldn't hide properly inside the museum (too few water arrows), then I got used to it. It's nice to have a change in style once in a while, even if in my opinion this one was a little too much. Above all, I disapprove that I am often completely in the hands of sheer dumb luck: I have no way of knowing when guards arrive. Sometimes I wait patiently for a guard to go away, only for another one to come around the corner and nail me!

Nevertheless, I found the gas arrows and I managed to explore a great part of the museum (it's very fun when you manage to outrun the guards). My problem is:

I know that there are 2 levers, one in the Pagan Area and and another one in the Builder Area. Where are they? Right now I am searching the one in the Pagan Area, but I have had no luck so far

Edit: Nevermind, I have found the 2 levers

Edited by Agent Jones

• 3 months later...

Just played both parts... nice mission! My opinion on both is generally the same, which is: Good story and ideas (especially in P1) but I can't say I liked the map design as much. Even if nice open cities and the home designs themselves look good, I think the town layout lacks detail and is too simple and repetitive. The indoor areas are nice, and the museum was quite large and nicely detailed :)

• 3 weeks later...