The Dark Mod Forums

corrupt (quick)saves

Flanders

I just had that problem with quicksaving in Tears of St. Lucia. Not only it crashed the game and left a corrupt quicksave, ist also seems to have corrupted some mission related file. Now, when I start the mission again, even after deinstalling and installing the mission, it crashes right at the beginning (when you press the attack button to start).

P.S.: 2.01 on windoze xp

Edited by Luthien

Hi Mayer and Luthien, and welcome to the forums. What a shame that you have so much trouble with TDM. There seems to be a leak in TDM that causes occasional crashes when saving. We are investigating it for the next release. However, it should not occur that often. In the mean time you can use a small script that alters between quicksave slots so that there's always at least one valid save left. I described the script here.

I just had that problem with quicksaving in Tears of St. Lucia. Not only it crashed the game and left a corrupt quicksave, ist also seems to have corrupted some mission related file. Now, when I start the mission again, even after deinstalling and installing the mission, it crashes right at the beginning (when you press the attack button to start).

P.S.: 2.01 on windoze xp

That is VERY unusual. Try to the following. Deinstall St Lucia, go to your darkmod/fms directory and delete the saintlucia folder, redownload it through ingame mission downloader. But it's basically impossible for anything to happen to the fm archive, so I am pretty sure this will not work. But that's the only thing I could think of. Or maybe relauch the updater to check file integrity of everything.

No more quick saves for me. I was pretty far into Wm.Steele In the North (which is awesome BTW) and just got the Bad Cache offset error. A lot of progress gone there. I had previously received the error playing Gatehouse and thought it was that particular mission.

Live and learn.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you, you may know that your society is doomed." - Ayn Rand

Simply install the quicksave script, then you can simply hit F9 for a previous save.

Thanks man, I'll give that a whirl.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you, you may know that your society is doomed." - Ayn Rand