The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Requiem by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher (2013/10/6)

Moonbo

Poll: Requiem (by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher)  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance

2. 2. Gameplay

3. 3. Story

Hrm, yeah it must be that a trigger just didn't fire properly...first time someone reported that happening. It might be best to redownload the map (I'm not a techie so I don't know the answer to the MD 5 question :P) or just reload that section and hope the triggers work properly this time. It could just be that the engine just skipped a frame or something at the wrong time.

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

The hashvalues should be:

CRC32: 0D0AE4E6

MD5: 558FC498D411A756CA5BE442B1568540

SHA-1: 5207CF9D341F5D27CCC4DDE2309C60D9D39BA087

Edit: it does not require being a techi, because since Windows 7 hashvalues are available in the file properties tab by default already.

Edited by gnartsch

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

This is a great Story and FM, i really enjoy it but im Stuck.

Yes im stuck at the room with the seal, the room with the fireheads.

The second seal i guess.

After i destroyed the Bitchzombies, i really let them have pain while they died, nothing happends...

How do i get the Sealplate??? I tried to kick it out of the "Sphere" with arrows but couldnt grab it.

Can we have more scary Zombie Horror maps?

@Moonbo

I'm finally getting to play some now. Your mission is great. I wish I knew how to do scripts, and skyboxes. Right now I have just dropped into the caves by being trapped in the crypts.

The only thing that is annoying is the lock picking. You have overkill in that dept. but your lighting and effects are impeccable. I'll let you know how I end up after completion.

Thanks for the mission. :)

Quando omni flunkus moritati" ("When all else fails, play dead")

Halloween Contest Winner 2014

Hey Buck,

Can you describe which location you're at? I'll try to help you based on that otherwise you can look at Fen Phoenix's let's play on YouTube :-)

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

@Moonbo

I have went through the door by way of the first seal, and went all the way to the room with the ropes in the center, and back to the gate that opened with the first seal?

If that helps. :P

Gelo.

Outstanding. Was pretty long, but very cool. You even had one trigger that made me almost crap my pants. LOL

Congrats to you, and all of those who helped. Very well done and highly recommended by me. :D

Hey Buck,

I've enjoyed both your missions so I'm glad you had a good time with Requiem :-). Definitely feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions on how I did stuff, etc. You mentioned skyboxes - it's very easy to set them up; the one in Requiem is just a standard prefab that you drop into the level with no other work required.

For scripts, there is actually (outside of the custom AI which Obsttorte built) almost no scripting at all in Requiem. The Dark Mod has some pretty powerful tools (like conversations, and stim/response) that you can use to make complicated effects with no script knowledge whatsoever. And if you do need a complicated script there's some really great coders on the forums like SteveL, Grayman, and Obsttorte who are very generous with their time. That's just a long way of saying, God bless and keep at it; I'm really looking forward to what else you build!

• Like 1

-Sun Myung Moon

Hi Gelo.

I might just take you up on that. I really appreciate your info. I need to do some experimenting before my next. The skybox thing is still baffling me?

Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yipes, thanks for reporting this Hellhammer! I just tried it on my computer and I'm not experiencing the problem, but since you're the second person to report it, maybe something broke w/ the 2.02 update.

Can anyone on the TDM dev team reading this say if they've experienced this bug? I'm not sure how to even begin to fix it, but I can explain exactly what the setup for that section is if it will help.

Edited by Moonbo

-Sun Myung Moon

Can anyone on the TDM dev team reading this say if they've experienced this bug? I'm not sure how to even begin to fix it, but I can explain exactly what the setup for that section is if it will help.

Is it those external VPs that you have func_portal entities on, controlling when thier open & closed..?

Yep, it's exactly that. It seems like for some people the func_portals aren't switching (or the triggers that control them aren't firing).

Edited by Moonbo

-Sun Myung Moon

It was the savegame I was using, I started over and everything worked fine! I could upload a copy of the old save if you wanted to see exactly what was going on with it. Otherwise, I finished it today and I have to say it's one of the best FMs I've played. I was able to ghost it and it proved to be quite a challenge especially

trying to get the rope arrow in the basement next to the city watch compound to get to the greengrocer's house. I'm not sure if killing the hammer undeads by looting the crowns counts as a bust or destroying the jar but I'd like to say it is at least debatable haha.

Edited by hellhammer

Hey Hellhammer,

Glad you liked the mission :-). If you could upload the save that would be great as it might give the tech wizards on the team an idea onto why the triggers didn't fire.

Now you've got me curious on how you got the rope arrow without disturbing the guy at the table :-P. For stealing the crowns, I suppose it's technically a bust, but I set it up so that when you steal a crown what's actually happening is that the AI notices it and commits suicide. So your hands are (sort of) clean :-). Thanks again for taking the time to post; feedback is the life blood of a FM maker.

-Sun Myung Moon

Here is the link to the save for those interested:

http://www.filedropper.com/quicksave

It was a long waiting game haha. I had to wait until his head faced towards the wall for long enough. I positioned myself next to the wine rack before the shadows gave way and crouch walked hugging around the wine rack to the other side and into the shadows. Tapping the sprint key helped keep the noise down I think. This was done with default settings for AI vision and hearing mind you lol. You're welcome and I hope to see another one soon!

Neat :-).

And you just might see something in a few months.

viju+(1).jpg

Reminds me of Prince of Persia with this phoenomenal lightning: http://www.creativeu...ironment-05.jpg (The Classic Trilogy)

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson