The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Requiem by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher (2013/10/6)

Moonbo

Poll: Requiem (by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher)  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance

2. 2. Gameplay

3. 3. Story

• 1 month later...

It might be deliberate for future story, and I have not yet read the novella, but the ending might have been better bookended by

having something to do with the badguy priest, confronting him maybe, or giving evidence to other priest....can't remember names at moment.

...otherwise, loved it.

Hey Hecateus,

Glad you enjoyed the mission :-). There is actually a way to get the priest his comeuppance, you just need to look around his office very thoroughly and then think about who could use the information found.

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

I guess I will have to play it again then. ;) incidentily I managed to recover

Fen's body by putting her on the platform...she showed up at the end; I brought her to the chapel alter. I noticed someone with the same name is in the intro to HoLS.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently playing this mission, my second TDM mission ever, and I'm impressed so far. It looks great and plays great. The story is interesting and I hope it stays that way till the end.

Anyway I'm in the church and 2 girls are singing a song. Love it. My question is what is the name of the song and how can I download it or where can I find it to listen to it?

Is it Marianne Lihannah - Beata Viscera?

Edited by Pwyll

Thanks, Moonbo! Great song and it is even better with the ambient background in the mission.

I noticed that I'm using outdated TDM and when I updated yesterday I lost the saves, so I will start Requiem anew today.

Edit:

Reached a place underground where I feel some ominous presence. I'm too scared to proceed ahead. The dead priest talks of some strong evil and I'm not sure if I want to face it let alone destroy it. Just got some holy water bottles and I feel like I will face a zombie apocalypse down here. I'll get a heart attack if there are jump scares in this mission.

Edited by Pwyll

Hey Pwyll,

Don't worry, keep your wits about your and you should be fine :-). It might be tough at times, but I can guarantee you a happy ending if you brave through it. And playing with the lights on helps :-P.

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

Dude... I mean... Um... Well... That is...... DUDE!!!

I am, I think, yeah, at a total, yup, TOTAL, loss for words!

None have yet been coined that can do due (not doo-doo!) diligence to what thou hath wrought! :o

The Builder doth be much pleased! ;)

(in coding:)

if doo-doo then

Deified Doo-Doo (that's "Holy Crap" to us common taffers!) this FM is unnatural :excl:

Anything that can be said has been said by pretty much everyone who has had the incredible fortune

(and the gray matter to choose it to play) to experience this gem!

And this was your first FM you say?!? Oh M Freakin G!!! :ph34r: the author!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I understand that writing is your first love BUT! - you just gotta, gotta, GOTTA make another FM :excl: :excl::excl:

To think what you could do with the knowledge and experience you gained from this first one applied to another one -

:blink::blink::blink::awesome::awesome::awesome:B)B)B)

Moonbo - (or anyone) I do have a question for you but I don't know how to do spoilers in these forums!

Edited by Dark Shadow

Cogito, ergo, sum. Cogito?

Dude... I mean... Um... Well... That is...... DUDE!!!

I am, I think, yeah, at a total, yup, TOTAL, loss for words!

None have yet been coined that can do due (not doo-doo!) diligence to what thou hath wrought! :o

The Builder doth be much pleased! ;)

(in coding:)

if doo-doo then

Deified Doo-Doo (that's "Holy Crap" to us common taffers!) this FM is unnatural :excl:

Anything that can be said has been said by pretty much everyone who has had the incredible fortune

(and the gray matter to choose it to play) to experience this gem!

And this was your first FM you say?!? Oh M Freakin G!!! :ph34r: the author!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I understand that writing is your first love BUT! - you just gotta, gotta, GOTTA make another FM :excl: :excl::excl:

To think what you could do with the knowledge and experience you gained from this first one applied to another one -

:blink::blink::blink::awesome::awesome::awesome:B)B)B)

Moonbo - (or anyone) I do have a question for you but I don't know how to do spoilers in these forums!

He did, there's 2 more: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/17163-fan-mission-a-house-of-locked-secrets-by-gelo-moonbo-fleisher-20150528/

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Hey Dark Shadow,

I'm glad you liked it so much! Like AluminumHaste mentioned, I have actually created a sequel to Requiem, and hopefully you get as much enjoyment out of it as you did with Requiem :-P.

PS: For spoilers you have to type in [spoiler ] and [/spoiler ] (just get rid of that added space after the word).

• Like 1

-Sun Myung Moon

OH WOW! He did!! That's fan-freakin-tastic!!! Will have to haul my comp down to where I can catch a Wi-Fi signal ( mine is temporarily down for the count :angry:) and get those puppies into my darkmod folder asap!

(um, Aluminum - that's only one link; you said he did 2 more.) edited - Moonbo cleared my mind!

((and isn't that FM already listed on TDM's built in DL page? cuz if so then the link, tho mucho appreciado, isn't needed!))

Thanks for the 411 AluminumHaste! Boy - this forum has great peeps in it just like ttlg :P

Hey Dark Shadow,

I'm glad you liked it so much! Like AluminumHaste mentioned, I have actually created a sequel to Requiem, and hopefully you get as much enjoyment out of it as you did with Requiem :-P.

PS: For spoilers you have to type in [spoiler ] and [/spoiler ] (just get rid of that added space after the word).

You did?! See above!!! ^_^

(an actual sequel? ohhh yummmmy!! I :wub: sequels!!! 'Specially when the story is so good :excl: )

And thanks for the 411 on spoilers - I didn't see any clickable button to add them like in ttlg, I guess ttlg figured they'd include a bit of functionality of "posting for dummies"! :laugh:

And thank you both for the speed of light response!

Now my question:

I seem to recall reading in here something about

leaving Father Markus's journal on the Captain's desk.

But it must be tagged as immovable because it didn't go into my inventory!

(I read this after having finished main obj.!)

Edited by Dark Shadow

Hey Dark Shadow,

There's only one sequel but it has two maps, I think that's what AluminumHaste meant :-).

Regarding the journal,

You have to find the secret, other journal in Markus's office... look for a hidden switch.

• Like 1

-Sun Myung Moon

OHO! Why you sneaky lil :ph34r: ! :D

Oki - will shadow slip my way back and scan with my lil thiefsie peepers for it!

oy - fell for one a da oldes trix in da bookz, leave out one obvious red herring

and hide the real mcoyackeral! "Purloined Letter" wit a twist!!

(good thing I ain't a mob bookkeeper!)

OH - also, I too loved the song in the requiem service - glad you didn't loop it, I would have been frozen in the rafters for at least 4 or 5 run throughs of it! :D

I knew the singer was Irish from the git go - like all the Celtic music, so melancholy, soulful, and hauntingly beautiful, and damn but she has a SET OF PIPES!

Edited by Dark Shadow
  • Like 1

So I carried on and saw something familiar on the wall:

http://www.reidsitaly.com/images/lazio/rome/sights/mnr-palazzo-massimo-sarcophagus.jpg

http://ancientrome.ru/art/artwork/sculp/rom/headstone/sc0164.jpg

I saw this in Rome in Palazzo Massimo this spring. :D When I saw it in game, it struck me with memories and I admired it for 10 minutes.

Edited by Pwyll
  • Like 1

I just finished the mission. It's an excellent mission and I liked it a lot. At times I was too scared to continue but I'm glad that I made it. :) Interesting story, unique enemies, very good level design and cool locations. Everyone should try this mission.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Resurrecting an older game as I am testing it for 2.04 and one thing has me puzzled right at the start.

According to the readable there is a stash of arrows - where the heck are they (I assume that this doesn't refer to the ones with the gear)

Edited by Oldjim

I guess I hid that one too well as I don't think anyone has ever found it:

stand in front of the fireplace and turn around to look at the small table, then look up.

-Sun Myung Moon

• 2 months later...

Could anyone give me some advice ?

For some reason, the door in the section with the flaming haunts gets blocked by an invisible barrier and I can't enter anymore. This makes the rest of the FM unplayable. I can't continue, even though I've already taken care of two of the seals. Was this door-blocking scripted ? Was it timed and did I miss my window ? I don't know how to proceed.

Thank you for any timely advice.

EDIT: Nevermind. I looked up the problematic bit on Cambridge Spy's playthrough video and I quickly realised what I was doing wrong. I think there's no major snag in my way now. I owe you one, CS. :)

Edited by Petike the Taffer
  • Like 1