The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Requiem by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher (2013/10/6)

Moonbo

Poll: Requiem (by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher)  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance

2. 2. Gameplay

3. 3. Story

I'm playing this mission know, but I'm totally stuck at the puzzle with the soul jar that is in the cage in the temple. I tried activating the shrines in order, but I don't know which is the beckoning earth and maybe I'm missing something in general.

Spoiler

Yes, indeed, I made the subtitles before playing the mission for the first time. In hindsight not the right order.

Edited by datiswous
  • Like 1

I just finished it.

Amazing mission I have to say. Graphics still hold up a decade after release. Gameplay and story also good.

Spoiler

I especially liked the part about unthroning the skeleton warriors and the enemies in the end having the same ability as you in the game kind of.

1605293905_requiem(2023-01-2902-32-25)(000).thumb.jpg.b587fd18c8085b5395bd6267869ffa74.jpg

Edited by datiswous
  • Like 2

Glad you enjoyed it datiswous, and thank you again for the subtitles! Most of those bugs you found are just simple mistakes I made (or are inherent in the mod), but the two related to light textures are bugs that were introduced due to the game updating - you can see the proper textures on earlier let's plays. Alas, thankfully they're not too bad. 

• Like 1

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

5 hours ago, Moonbo said:

but the two related to light textures are bugs that were introduced due to the game updating - you can see the proper textures on earlier let's plays.

So the game links to light textures that were previously in core, but were removed? In that case they could be preserved ( by loading a previous version) and then included in the mission.

I just played the mission under TDM 2.06 and indeed these 2 textures work fine.

In fact I also made this screenshot, that I didn't upload:

538052500_requiem(2023-01-1901-06-26)(-1248.31317_8836.37).thumb.jpg.c5bc4327b5e8498f2b9f402de1fb4abe.jpg

This seems a similar light to that is also used for the (not working) bottom lights in the temple.

I'll take a look and see if I can preserve the original look. Isn't there a cvar to see the texture url in 3d game view?

Edited by datiswous
  • Like 1

There's a missing material in core (the dds file and the editor image itself are present). If I include it in the materials folder of Requiem the 2 missing textures show up in game.

Material:

textures/darkmod/window/simple_square01_lit
{
	glass
	noselfshadow
	qer_editorimage	textures/darkmod/window/simple_square01_lit_ed
	diffusemap _black
	{
		blend add
		map	textures/darkmod/window/simple_square01_lit
		rgb 1
	}