The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Requiem by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher (2013/10/6)

Moonbo

Poll: Requiem (by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher)  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance

2. 2. Gameplay

3. 3. Story

Created FM page and added to official mirrors

http://www.thedarkmo...ndetails/?id=76

Hey Biker, I added some more mission screens but now the Requiem screenshot is showing as last. Can you remove it and re-upload the first image you uploaded so it goes to the front of the list.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Thanks Skacky :smile:, the idea of that song playing while you were in the rafters was actually the image that inspired me to make the FM. It's by a French composer named Perotin (he worked in Paris in the 1190's) and is called "Beata Viscera". The singer on the version in the FM is Marianne Lihannah, who let me use it for the mission.

Edited by Moonbo

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

Moonbo I just had the chance to play the mission. Wow! You are an amazing mapper, level designer, everything! and first off ... spoiler ahead please don't read unless you have played at least half of this fantastic mission

you son of a bitch scared the absolute shit out of me at the starting area in the underground part of the garden house!!! Damn my heart just about jumped through my chest and out the window! :)

This mission so far has been so adventurous and fun and the story is amazing you are a really good writer! even when I was reading the scripts you sent me I thought that but to go through all the readables here is just fantastic.

I am thoroughly impressed and I hope that your next mission features less scary elements (i'm a complete pansy when it comes to that :P). Maybe a mansion mission? :D

Congratulations Moonbo and those that contributed.

Sounds awesome about to download.

Looks like TheDarkMod.com is down. I can't open the page so I'll have to DL from another link.

Edited by Tr00pertj

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

@Serpentine, I suppose I prefer Amazon, but it's really up to you. Amazon is nice because, like Steam, you can use their cloud reader/kindle app to read things you buy anywhere on any device (and I've made the book DRM-free). Smashwords is nice because it lets you download the book in a variety of formats (pdf, word, etc).

@Diego, thanks. Which parts did you feel were overly difficult? If enough people think the same thing, I can always nerf them in an update (make sure to use spoiler tags though, or just PM me). Note that 2.0 made the AI more tough in general (though there are now more options in the gameplay menu to make the AI forgiving, etc).

@Goldwell, thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying the map! Everyone I've talked to really likes the voice acting you did for the FM too.

I actually wasn't sure if the scene under the greengrocer's would be effective, so I'm glad to hear that at least one person was spooked :-)

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

Congrats on the mission! Definitely one of the best ones I played so far (been playing TDM for years now, but registered only now...to thank you and for a question ;) )

Really enjoying the mission! Great story telling and unexpected twist! Just got a question for (probably) the finale. Got the jar and I'm in the room with the fire in the middle and just can't find the key for the hatch! Any tips for me? Thanks!

Ah! Should've found that on my own! Got too excited about the hatch and didn't check for further floors :D .

The atmosphere in the church and crossing it over all these people with that music, these shadow undeads and so much more! Truly amazing mission! Thanks! Just missed the greengrocer side quest. Gonna look out for it on my next playthrough :D

• Like 1

Hey SeriousToni,

First Seal: Near the sealed door, look for a place blocked by a set of metal bars

Let me know if that's not specific enough or its some other spot you're stuck in :-).

-Sun Myung Moon

I'm sorry I really can't find the

first seal. I was up in the underground tower and read the book in the room with the builder skeletons. After this I was scared by the shade. Where do I need to go to find the first seal then?

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Ah ok,

There is nothing left to do in the tower. go back down the tower and out of the cave where the tower is. As you enter the tunnels, straight ahead you should see some orange light and a mural of a lion. The way forward is in that area :-). Let me know if you're still stuck.

-Sun Myung Moon

Moonbo, please forgive me my foolishness, the error was:

I was already carrying the first seal the whole time. I just didn't recognize it as the seal, but as a golden plate loot, haha! :D

About the mission:

This is probably one of the best, if not the best missions out there for TDM at the moment. While it is a bit hard in difficulty it is so immersive and interesting! There is so much love to detail in each room and many dialogues and readables that expand the story and its background. Wow! Truly, each mission that comes next must mess with this one first.

I am deeply impressed. This guy, Moonbo, should really have a word regarding Crucible of Omens! Maybe he can help out there a bit ;)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Just want to say the rooftop traversing opportunities are fantastic! I've managed to get from the back entrance of the city guard station to the balconies in the cathedral grounds

(where you can visit that crypt place and get the gas arrow)

and then back into the requiem service without touching the ground. (It isn't easy, but it is possible.)

Also (and it took me a while), I think I have finally got somewhere I really shouldn't have (although Siyah probly got there before me):

post-9265-0-99933600-1381356934_thumb.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Frankly, the rest of the mission could be rubbish and I'd still love it for this section alone, but it sounds like it keeps getting better as it goes on...

This guy, Moonbo, should really have a word regarding Crucible of Omens! Maybe he can help out there a bit ;)

I think Moonbo's a bit burnt out from creating this one. Not too surprised really....

:o, thank you zenid and SeriousToni for you kind words. I'm glad you could enjoy the FM.

@Simplenoob. Haha, I thought I'd done a solid job of blocking all possible spots like that, but it looks like I am defeated :smile:. I'm actually not *too* burned out from the FM, but I've got to get back to writing a bit more, so my next project will probably be another novel...we'll see what the future holds though.

Edited by Moonbo

-Sun Myung Moon