The Dark Mod Forums

Torrent for 2.0

vorob

That torrent has been keeping both of my offices 20Mb/s connections capped out for 24 hours straight.

Mine's still chugging along at about 70kbps. :laugh: Still, just over 2½ taffers served with good meaty TDM standalone goodness.

I'm like one of those tiny little rowboats that went over to Dunkirk in WWII and picked two soldiers up, while you and HaVok sent in the aircraft carriers. Or something. :smile:

I keep getting some parts d/l at around 800+kbps. Others...not so much. The current part is screaming at 12kbps. One earlier went at an astounding 200 bps. Yes, you read that right, bps. I'm noticing that, for me, all the slow ones involve waffles.za.net. Every other mirror goes along fine.

Sorry - that server is limited to 100mbps, unless someone wants to donate another vps, not much I can do for now. I will be getting another 1gbps vps into the pool in the next few minutes.

But yeah, for the last 12 hours this is what's been going on:

/0   /1   /2   /3   /4   /5   /6   /7   /8   /9   /10
    Load Average   |||||||||   

Interface           Traffic               Peak                Total
           re0  in    440.114 KB/s        459.247 KB/s           16.945 GB
                out    14.175 MB/s         15.246 MB/s          658.254 GB

Lots of people love torrents.

Since you can download all the missions and repackage your darkmod folder for re-installation, - why not make a torrent with all the current missions already added to the system?

This way folks will have tons of missions from the start and the only missions that needs to be downloaded will be newer missions. It will look and feel like a more complete game.

Heck, I could put together such an installer and make such a torrent if no one has any objections..The places for such an install, like Pirate Bay and KickAss torrents will greatly help spread the word about The Dark Mod. It will be a popular torrent in this fasion. I do not believe it will be as popular without the missions added. People don't want to have to download a game then download missions seperatly IMO. Make it easier and the game will be more popular.