The Dark Mod Forums

TDM in The News

lowenz

Got this email through the web address:

Dear The Dark Mod Team,

Having just downloaded the 2.0 Version of TDM and played through the training mission, I must say I'm greatly impressed.

Being a huge fan of the original Thief series - especially Thief 2 - I can't even begin to express the fun I had playing your mod, and that was just the training, I can't wait to try out all the other missions.

With the new Thief on it's way your Mod is a great way to remind people what used to be great about this series (while probably making them despair at the thought that Eidos is, pardon my language, shitting all over it, it seems), so thank you again for that.

What I'm getting at, actually, is that I'd like to help somehow. Being just computer-apt enough to play your mod, though, I thought I might pay you for what you gave me, a devilishly good Thief game.

So, if there is a possibility to make donations via PayPal or something like that, please inform me how to - I've clicked my way through the wiki, the FAQ and the forums, but haven't found anything.

Well, I hope you told him $10mil would be fine, and gave him the Swiss bank account # to wire it to. :ph34r:

A bank and so many thieves around here :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

For reference, here are a few Reddit threads:

(wish this one had more votes... but r/gaming is hard to get votes in...)

(just made this one, lets see how it goes)

Upvote what you can :) !

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Thanks AH!

Escapist forums (maybe Yahtzee will do a review)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.830875-Im-worried-about-the-new-Thief-game

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

You know what guys? I am kind of anxious to see how the next moddb awards will turn out now that TDM is standalone and has gained so much popularity.

Don't get your hopes up, the only thing that ever wins there are zombie shooters. :P

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Haha, yeah. It's a shame though... I wonder whether TDM will be ranked in the indie section or the mod section now.

Speaking of which, when are those?

Looking at the last starting dates, it should start in the next two weeks. Good timing! =)

Don't get your hopes up, the only thing that ever wins there are zombie shooters. :P

We have zombies, we have holy water and we have arrows!! :D

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

Ah yeah, holy water arrows are most definitely underpowered. I agree with that, 1 or 2 at most. I also think their radius might be expanded a little, so if you hit the nearby ground the splash might get a group of them. Also the effect should be more visible, like a big puff of smoke coming off of them when they're hit.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

It takes like 9 arrows to kill revenants, or 1 mine. Holy water is pointless in TDM. In Thief it took 2 shots at most.

Mines bypass armour, which gives it a bit of advantage against revenants. It only takes about two arrows to kill zombies, but revenants are supposed to be much harder to kill. Still, you can do it with way less than nine if you hit them in the head.

Okay just tested at the chest, revs take 5 arrows to kill. Most missions I've played, you only ever get like 5 water arrows anyways. I don't disagree with what you are saying, the only point I'm raising is that you are never given enough water arrows to make it worth using them on undead. Mines and firearrows take em out in 1 shot.

Hey Fen, I see you lurking down there :P, love the new video, can't wait for the next one.

EDIT: Okay just tried shooting them in the head with water arrows, still took 5.

EDIT 2: Takes 1 direct fire arrow to kill a Rev. But, if the arrow hits his sword, then it takes 2 or more as he's killed by splash dmg I guess. Shooting at the floor between his feet takes 3 firearrows. Man those guys had a shit ton of health lol

EDIT: Okay just tried shooting them in the head with water arrows, still took 5.

What combat settings are you at? On Normal, I can take one out with 3 to the head.

I'm on Normal. It might be because I start the test map with the AI looking at me so it starts on high alert. Are you headshotting an unaware AI with the first shot?

EDIT: K I'm heading to bed for a bit, will be back up in a hour or so/

This is cool:

Anthony Burch

@reverendanthony

I work at Gearbox Software and make immature comedy videos on the Internet. I was the lead writer of Borderlands 2.

Never gave The Dark Mod any real time until the recent standalone version and my god, is it cool. http://www.thedarkmod.com/main/

• Like 3