The Dark Mod Forums

I Would Be Happy To Host Your Releases

calimer

Howdy, this is calimer from the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing Coop and I'd be more than happy to help you all host your files. Upload it to sendspace or wherever and send a link to PlatinumArts@gmail.com and I'd be happy to host it on my site http://FunFreeGamesHQ.com and of course write some nice news up about each release. I don't have bandwidth limitations so it won't be a problem for me to host it. Awesome work and I can't wait to check it out! Take care :D

-mike

• Like 1

I'll have to look into the FTP account because right now the FTP account for the page is what links to ALL my other webpages. I'm not sure if I can make it just for one folder but I can look into it. However I can easily give you 3 gigs worth of space on there or more and you can burn as much bandwidth as you want though if you plan on burning a lot it would be nice to give my site a little mention somewhere. Also if for some reason giving you your own FTP doesn't work out you can always get me the files and I can upload them. That would be super easy for me to do. Also I could potentially host your SVN if you'd like. Take care!

-mike

EDIT - An idea I just thought of is especially if I'm hosting the SVN we could make a branch/sidefolder of stuff you want me to upload to the site so you could upload it through the SVN and I could post it on the site like that for download and/or give you the link to post on your site.

EDIT 2 - I could even potentially set up an SVN just for you guys to use to send stuff to me, that would be infinitely easier for me than having to worry about setting up an FTP

Edited by calimer

It's of course ok if you upload the files manually. Do you have TDM checked out on your end? That would include most PK4 files, but there are a few more files that need to be hosted, I can PM you a list of the necessary files.

http://funfreegameshq.com/freegamedownloads/tdm

Also I was thinking I have a site http://makeagamefree.com and it seems like The Dark Mod could definitely go on the free game engine list especially with all of your work on Dark Radiant. Also feel free to give my site http://SandboxGameMaker.com some love too if you want, it is a free game maker being used in schools all over the world. I think you should be all set though on my end, let me know if I need to do anything else :) Take care!

-mike

Sweet :)

The new hosts have brought my send-q's down to reasonable numbers, so hopefully people are getting less erratic speeds from ol waffles.

Still maxing my upload, about 1.1tb per day, so each normal host adds around 500-550 completed downloads per day.

Today:

current        peak           total
   re0   in   338.730 KB/s   386.033 KB/s   13.849 GB
         out  12.530 MB/s    13.248 MB/s    604.569 GB

And unique downloaders who have done 4+ large files from me in the last 40 hours: 4577