The Dark Mod Forums

The Thomas Porter Series

Sotha

Thanks Sotha!

I had to do a clean install of TDM 2.0 due to problems updating from 1.8, and only last night was I looking for the list which explained what order the Thomas Porter series goes in so I could re-download them and play in order- you must have some latent telepathic ability!

I haven't yet played the Lich Queens Demise (which I assume concludes the TP story), I really enjoyed The Phrase Book and your other missions so I am looking forward to playing it :)

Edited by Scope
-Scope

For maximum enjoyment, be sure to play the missions in this order:

Why didn't tell earlier. :( Just played Glenham and Transaction the past two days. Went by upload time on the TDM mission download page, so I thought, Glenham was first.

So I take this is 2.0 compatible? Because the Transaction that I downloaded two days ago doesn't load quicksaves in 2.0 for me. Best would be if you packed them all as one campaign, so that the next mission is loaded in order right after completion of the previous without you installing them all separately.

Otherwise thatnks for the nice missions, I am enjoying them a lot.

Edited by Psychomorph

you must have some latent telepathic ability!

I *DID* feel a strong disturbance in the force. Great minds think alike. :D

@Psycho

The order is told in the fan mission wiki pages.

Packing individual missions into a working campaign isn't that easy. Do you want to do it for me so that everything works? I'd be most appreciative.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

If Psycho don't want to or simple don't know how I can do the packaging. Wanted to try it out anyways.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Hello Sotha,

I really enjoyed all the missions from this series I played so far (all aside lich queen) and I have to say that "the transaction" is my favorite TDM mission so far. Over all the years your mapping skills improved greatly and I am looking forward for more of these kind

of missions. Maybe putting all the mission in some kind of campaign pack for the moment is a great idea to give newcomers some linked mission, knowing each one is of high quality and offers great entertainment. On the other side, if such a decision would be made, I think

some of the older missions could get some quality improving changes like intros with pictures/ vocals, loot to next mission shop/balanced buy prices and some more eye candy on the older ones. If this would happen, I am quite sure this campaign could be a worthy unofficial/official one, closing a gap to following ones but also to keep newly won players. I enjoyed most of the missions more than T2X ones for example (not considering darkmods advantages enginewise), so I will be looking forward to your hopefully upcoming work.

Edited by Cookie
  • Like 1

I completed Mandrasola and The Knighton Manor today. Almost ended up like Psychomorph, i.e. skipping Mandrasola as it was named #0 in the series which I managed to overlook because I wasn't expecting that. I would recommend simply renaming all the missions so they go 1 to 7 instead of 0 to 6. I doubt anyone would mind and it would remove potential confusion.

• 1 month later...

Hello Sotha!

As you know, I played and really enjoyed your mission The Glenham Tower.

But, when I did this, I had no idea I was playing a mission that is part of a series, because there's no such information in the Notes section of TDM.

So, I suggest include this information in all the missions of this series, as you did with Mandrasola, so future players can "have maximum enjoyment", and don't make the same mistake I did. :smile:

Edited by Jon Irenicus

If Psycho don't want to or simple don't know how I can do the packaging. Wanted to try it out anyways.

Waiting!

The "all in one" package is strictly a psychological trick, but it works :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I played these out of order.

Currently did Knighton Manor + The Phrase Book.

Will have to go back and play the others.

I will leave feedback for the missions on the other thread.

Nice series!

• 3 months later...

Just played Transaction and wasn't aware this is a series. Can the names of the missions be changed to reflect this without the need to replay or redownload them?

Nope. To change the names, I'd need to re-upload renamed versions I suppose.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

That's not a bad idea Sotha... I don't know how long it would take, but it sounds a shorter process than packing them into a self containing campaign it will at least show up on the downloaded / missions list as TP1/TP2/TP3/etc. and that will look really good, similar to how the WS1/WS2/WS3/etc does.

I agree that it isn't a bad idea if FMs of a series generally add a prefix their title like grayman does.

The pk4 needn't be touched for that. Renaming "title" in darkmod.txt is all it should take to change the FM's name in the download list.

Reuploading to all the servers the most challenge.

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

That's way better, I like it much more now that we all can see what missions are connected.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do this for Thieves Den series either. :-)

Eventually mabye all of the linked FM's on the download page could be sectioned off. It definitely gives better the appearance Bridgeport has more stories to tell and not just one shot adventures.