The Dark Mod Forums

Shadow Warrior is gourgeous!

someTaff

555_1osaka_castle_japan.jpgSee this picture?

SW is like this only way cooler. Night scenes in Shadow Warrior is absolutely stunning, pure awesomness of UE3 and if only T4 could be like this...

Anyway if you did not grab it already, you probably should, it's super good

sw_01.jpg

Edited by someTaff
  • Like 3

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?

That looks a lot more awesome than I thought it would... might just have to grab this one.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

I think the feature T4 will be sorely missing, which Shadow Warrior has lead the way with, is fully destructible bicycles. When in 2004 we saw what that spindly red bicycle could do for Half-Life 2, we wanted more. Years passed and still they were unwilling to yield to the mangling of a games physics engine. That's all changed now, and there's no putting this genie back in the bottle. What T4 will do to pick up this gauntlet will ultimately define the success or failure of its release.

• Like 1

Between the fish physics, fully destructible bicycles and laser guided trolling, I was sold. Bought it, having a blast. Melee is surprisingly effective, I haven't felt forced to use the guns outside of a few specific situations... which is awesome.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

• 3 weeks later...

Since there are clearly some Shadow Warrior fans around here, are any of you coders? The reason I ask is SWP.

SWP is a shadow warrior port with modern features (the most advanced of them). The guy who was developing it got busy with other hobbies like HAM radio. This wouldn't be a problem, except that there is a serious bug in SWP which causes the game to crash fairly regularly. When this happens, it also eats your save file (destroys it).

As far as I can tell, it has something to do with the TNT-carrying enemy who walks up to the player and explodes. The crash seems to occur whenever he is around, or when he attacks the player. It would be awesome if somebody would fix that bug. http://proasm.com/

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.