The Dark Mod Forums

Screenshots Thread [Spoilers!]

delatroy

How are you saving these? They seem to have lots of artifacts in them.

Hmm yeah I see what you mean. Compare your hud with mine - yours is much clearer. I think the artifacts that I appear to be experiencing must relate to the blurring issue described here: http://forums.thedar...lurry-menuguis/ it's not a problem with the image compression - I checked my screenshots folder and it can be seen there in the original jpgs.

Oddly enough I think the unintentional grain / blur gives the scenes more character / authenticity when compared to yours. Noise / grit / grain fits very much with the style of TDM and it's something which is sometimes intentionally included in other games by design.

And is this for general screenshots or only TDM screenshots?

TDM only would be my preference but feel free.

I've only been playing TDM for a couple of days, but I'm really enjoying it. Late at night with the lights out, with the brightness and gamma dropped so it's difficult to see in the dark, 7.1 headphones on with the creepy music and ambient sounds.. I was basically in a constant state of 0________0. Wonderfully transports you into the experience. I've only played a few maps but hats off to bikerdude & co. for Alberic's Curse which I found thoroughly frightening! :o

Edited by delatroy

I think you can change the format screenies are saved under, and it may also depend on your sttings and hardware, who knows.

However, when taking screenshots, I would advise the following:

• Clear your inventory and put away the weapon
  • disable the lightgem via typing tdm_hud_hide_lightgem 1 into the console (the same command with a 0 instead of an 1 reenables it)

This way, you don' t have anything "blocking" the view.

And some nice shots indeed, maybe you go on taking some from my missions ;)

• Like 1

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Note that they are quoted as difficult by quite a few people. As you are new and if you didn't played the original games (or if it's been a while), you may try them under lower difficulty settings. Also note that I've rebuild my first FM, which is not linked from the missions page, but you can find it in the FM's section in the forum. (Most people seem to like the rebuild more then the original one).

You can turn the shadows for the player one via a console command. I think it was something like tdm_player_shadows or so. However, it does not look that good and ai don't recognize the shadow anyways, so I would let it turned off.

disable the lightgem via typing tdm_hud_hide_lightgem 1 into the console (the same command with a 0 instead of an 1 reenables it)

You can do this from the Settings menu, actually.

Well now... this certainly gives new meaning to The Dark Mod... they look fantastic too!

• Like 1

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080