The Dark Mod Forums

TDM 2.0 Cannot start [solved]

ptoth

Dear All,

I cannot start TDM 2.0, because it says:

<code>

root@JESSIE-K55VD:/home/ptoth/TheDarkMod# ./thedarkmod.x86

./thedarkmod.x86: error while loading shared libraries: libXxf86vm.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

</code>

I Googled the problem as much as I could:

My params: ASUS K55VD

1, uname -a: 3.10-3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.10.11-1 (2013-09-10) x86_64 GNU/Linux

2, TDM version: 2.0

3, I already installed libtxc-dxtn0 package from debian-multimedia repo (As Debian.org recommends)

4, I have the latest version from both libxxf86dga1 and libxxf86vm1 (devel packages are not installed)

Thanks for any help from you!

ptoth

Edited by Springheel

It looks like your folder name for the mod is TheDarkMod. It has to be named simply darkmod, all lower case. We've tried to make that information easily accessible but since there was a huge demand on our servers at first, some may have missed those directions about the folder name.

Try renaming the folder to darkmod, hopefully that will fix the issue.

I've installed libxxf86dga-dev, libxxf86dga1, libxxf86vm-dev, libxxf86vm1 packages from the debian testing branch.

libxxf86vm1 version: 1:1.1.3-1

libxxf86dga version: 2:1.1.4-1

Which version do you have? Do I have to install it from the SID branch?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

I like the new frob highlight but it would nice if it was less "flickery" while moving over objects (especially barred metal doors).
      · 4 replies