The Dark Mod Forums

Just started playing Bioshock Infinite, not impressed thus far.

Bikerdude

So..

• they are using the exact same elevator start, moving and stop sounds as we were back in tdm 1.08.
  • the quality of the mapwork/textures in places is downright shoddy.
  • the patchwork is painfully lazy and crap - If I/we were to submit a map in that state beta testers would have a field day.
  • I keep seeing the same Ai over and over again and I have only just left the water garden/church place.
  • some of the animated plants are poorly animated.
  • the player movement is clumsy and sluggish - like I'm using a controller...

I only paid £19 for it, but I'm beginning to think that was too much.

I really liked the first Bioshock, well the first half. The second half felt like a generic shooter. I tried Bioshock 2 and just got bored by the third level so I just gave up. Sorta on the fence about Bioshock 3.

From what I understand from watching a few of Fen Phoenix's playthroughs they've created a brand new world (a steampunk city in the sky) with a southern American racist undertone. I didn't watch all his vids in case I decided to play it myself.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

It's a rather hollow game overall. Sure it's beautiful, but it's a mediocre shooter with a mess of a story and it's extremely linear. The game becomes good as soon as you reach the Emporia district or whatever it's called, but it's like 2 hours before the game's end. It's also nothing like Bioshock 1 in terms of freedom, which itself was a huge downgrade from its ancestor System Shock 2.

Edited by skacky

some bits are fun and some are as dull as it can get, it got interesting at the switch point when everything changed, but its very linear, obviously built for consoles, that seem to have problems with loading content they've previously visited to do other things.

The original system shock has you going back and forth between levels to complete problems, and going into cyberspace to irritate Shodan.

Haha, I for one consider it the best shooter ever made. So much for different tastes! :) I loved the whole atmosphere, art direction and the fascinating story. And all my friends think alike. So I can't really understand how one cannot love this game... =)

And all my friends think alike. So I can't really understand how one cannot love this game... =)

So much scientific/philosophical/"shock series" topics and so much rushed. Infinite should have been way too long and SLOW paced.

It could have been MASSIVE, actual implementation is "only" (very) good.

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

I was really looking forward to Infinite what with all the press and preview videos and what not. It looked so damn fun and exciting however playing it just didn't feel like any of the pre-release stuff led on to be and its quite clear they were pressed for time and left a number of things out of the game because of it.

What we were left with, IMO, is a pretty linear, chopped up short story, with missing mechanics and game play. It was fun and still worth the money but what we were shown and what was delivered were pretty far apart and that was pretty disappointing at least for me.

It was looking like Ken Levine was going to knock it out of the park again but I was so wrong. Bioshock has been the best of the three by a long shot and System Shock 2 is all their fathers... its a shame honestly.

WTF???? Disappointing end?? I was flabbergasted!! :D Of course, I had to read up an interpretation to fully get all of that stuff, but still! :)

Which one? :D Too many possibilities.....too many IMHO. Possibilities about possibilities, LOL.

And no hint about a "correct" interpretation. Not "THE one", simply a correct one. It can be paralyzing.

Yes, quantum gaming.

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

I was hoping

Elizabeth would get her happy ending, but instead she has to kill the man she cared for.

It's happy.....for the greater good :o:D

An inescapable sacrifice: there's no happy end trying to avoid it, only eternal return (yes, in Infinite there's some Nietzsche too).

And killed "only" in one timeline.

Edited by lowenz

Which one? :D Too many possibilities.....too many IMHO. Possibilities about possibilities, LOL.

And no hint about a "correct" interpretation. Not "THE one", simply a correct one. It can be paralyzing.

Yes, quantum gaming.

The word "quantum" does not apply.

The number of possibilities is not that much in mathematical terms, just aleph nought.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.