The Dark Mod Forums

What other games do you play?

delatroy

Some of my regular, "competitive" games:

• Super Street Fighter II Turbo (via http://www.GGPO.net)
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Infestation: Survivor Stories (The War Z)

Some casuals that I play the odd time:

• Minecraft
  • Puzzle Quest 2
  • Bejeweled Twist

I find most games quickly get boring if there's no multiplayer focus with TDM being the exception!

Edited by delatroy
  • Like 1

Started to play Deus Ex (once again) yesterday (with the patch now in HD resolution in widescreen :)). Regularly, i play Splinter Cell (parts 1-3), GTA series, Gothic, and i started but did not play through Oblivion. Oh, and Worms Armageddon. :wub:

Edited by chk772
  • Like 1

Just a few games in the last few months apart from TDM - Miasmata (flawed but still amazing) and (after I discovered you could now get it legit for free) Battlefield 1942.

Also started to play through TDS again for the first time in years, and after having played only TDM and T2 FMs for 2-3 years, I can finally understand all the complaints about it (TDS was the first Thief game I played, so I didn't have anything to compare it against). Borked movement and light gem, wretched loading zones, quickloads that should be sued under the Trade Descriptions Act, etc etc etc, but you know what? I still really like it. Sounds and looks great, especially the dynamic lighting. It's a real shame moving shadows cause such a performance hit in TDM cus they add so much atmosphere.

Playing Miasmata myself, pretty awesome game. Also Warzone 2100, OpenRA and Cossacks, Robin Hood, Men of War, and Ur-Quan Masters. Also ODT on PSX... way too much at the same time actually... and then there's still Space Rangers 2HD, Death to Spies... all the T2 FMs...

• Like 1
76561198061377149.png

I've been playing Goldeneye 007 lately on an original N64 console. Its still a damn good game. Perfect dark was more complex in the game logic, but this game just has better environments and a better soundtrack. I'm doing a "punch your way through the game" playthrough, where I don't attack the enemies with anything other than the slaps. The characters look like crap today, but I still have an appreciation for some of the environments. The dam looks really cool with the mountains in the distance and the snow levels feel authentic.

Example video: not me playing...

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

I'm currently playing Fallout 2 twice; a playthrough with a very charismatic and skilled woman, and another one with a completely retarded but very strong male. I'm about to start New Vegas again too. I hated hit when I first played it but we'll see if I still have the same opinion. Other games I'm playing at the moment include Long Live the Queen (finished it recently, it's fun and very hard), Ultima Underworld, Gothic that I still haven't finished and Dungeon Keeper from time to time.

Until recently, I was a huge Splinter Cell. Far more than I was a Thief fan.

Already being a huge Clancy fan, Splinter Cell (to me) is the greatest combination of certain elements being put together. It had a brilliantly written lead character, astounding political fiction plots of terrorism and foreign affairs, and possibly some of the best espionage emulation that has ever been attempted in the video game medium. In my honest opinion, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is the greatest game of all time. Not to mention it's predecessor and sequel, Pandora Tomorrow and Double Agent, both being incredibly influential in my writing and game developing.

Then came along Splinter Cell: Conviction. Honestly, I think everything that is wrong with the gaming industry as a whole can be summarized using that game as a prime example. I don't want to go into my thoughts on Conviction, otherwise this post would be a lot longer.

I just finished playing Spies Vs Mercs with friends in Chaos Theory. It's fun to relive some classic memories.

Oh, speaking of which, some guy is making this cool game called Project Stealth if you want to check it out.

Not much time to play these days. Games played withing one year from now

Dishonored

GTA4 with addition packs

FTL

TDM, of course.

L4D2

Alan Wake

Batman: Arkham City.

I never buy just released new games, I buy almost always from steam discounts when the game price hits around 5-10 euros. That's a good price for a game, those ~40-50 euros for a new game is robbery! Wait 6 months and you get it for 5-10.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Risen

Oil Rush (sporadically)

End War

Spider Solitaire

Oh, and I've played the first four Splinter Cell, although Tom Clancy is a terrible writer (good luck that story is not the most important part in a game for me ;) )

Sins of a Solar Empire is a very entertaining game, too. Oh, and Orbitroll. :)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

I'll give a list of some usuals. (And I gather by the way you use "play" you mean repeatedly, not just one-shot and you're done with it.) So ... Hardwar, Skyrim, GTA:SA, Stalker, Mirror's Edge, Dishonored, Victoria 2, Steel Panthers MBT, Op Art of War 3, Crimson Skies, IL2, FTL, Minecraft, rFactor. X3 and/or Sins of a Solar Empire may be in the pipeline more soon. (Historically Civ3 and Age of Empires 2; they may make a comeback too.)

On the indie side, TripleA, Survival Crisis Z, Transcendence, Cave Story, Death Worm.

Some things on emulators, C64 and N64 mostly.

And I still keep up with interactive fiction too.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Well besides TDM I also play:

- Risen (PC)

- Drakensang- The River of Time

- Guild Wars2

- Shogun2- Total War

And since we are talking about other games, I've notice you guys mention Splinter Cell. I never played these games so I have to ask, which ones I should play? I have seen the HD Collection in stores of these yet, I'm not sure if I should pick up. What you guys think?

Edited by Loa4ever

Mainly Assassin's Creed (the first game), as well as Dishonored. Currently kind of playing through Far Cry 3, but I don't have a lot of time on my hands (I will coming monday though!) and the stealth mechanics are kind of shite. Fucking Ubisoft forcing stealth. If I can shoot the guy dead without creating a disturbance, it doesn't matter if he saw me, game. Oh, and I also play Dark Souls. Dark Souls is goooooooood. But I still like AC the best.

I find most games quickly get boring if there's no multiplayer focus with the TDM being the exception!

...you do realize the "T" in "TDM" stands for "the", no?

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

Some games I've played or been playing lately:

-The Dark Mod (duh)

-ArmA 2 with A.C.E. and A.C.R.E. mods (realism mods)

-Kerbal Space Program

-X3: Albion Prelude

-Terraria

-Drox Operative

-Euro Truck Simulator 2 (don't laugh, this game is much more fun than it sounds!)

-AI War: Fleet Command

-Evochron Mercenary

-Eldritch

-Bionic Dues

-Dishonored

-Thief 2: The Metal Age (of course)

-Deus Ex (yup)

-Serious Sam HD

-Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

I play Heroes of Newerth now and then, less then 5 games per week I guess. Used to play it much more often, 3000 ranked matches on record. Last game I completed was Lost Mission for Doom 3. Played all Doom stuff long ago, but found out recently that there is one more official mission available that came out with BFG Edition. Had to complete it since I'm a completion addict. Games I played before that were Unreal and Unreal 2. Currently playing Quake in cooperative mode with friend, planing to go through reset of the series too. Also, I played through Lunar Legend for GBA back in August. The next series I plan to play are Deus Ex.

When I play video games, 80% of the time I play TDM.

The other 20%:

Chivalry Medieval Warfare (Deadliest Warrior Beta too.) For when I just need to get my arse handed to me over and over! Seriously though, it has the best combat engine.

Skyrim. I don't actually think the gameplay is very good, but it's a very fun world to explore. I usually just deck out mighty Sir Gen with invincible stats and butcher my poor enemies with ease!

Then of course I cycle through Thief 1-3, Deus Ex 1&2, (3 couldn't hold my interest.) and Half Life 1 (Black Mesa mod.)

Edited by SirGen