The Dark Mod Forums

Most anticipated PC games?

delatroy

Did you ever thought about picking this up again. Personally I enjoyed it a lot. It'S simple but pure entertainment, with the right dose of difficulty. I must admit that I like to play simulators, though. ;)

So nice to know someone's enjoying it! :D

Every now and then I consider working on it again. I guess I'm not very enthusiastic about the current structure of unconnected scored levels though.

My worst enemy in these game dev projects is that if it's too simplistic I lose interest fast, then I make it overly ambitious and I become overwhelmed and frustrated :P I'll see if I can make this into something I'm excited about without turning it into unfeasible.

I guess I'm not very enthusiastic about the current structure of unconnected scored levels though.

Which is the same in Super Mario or Donkey Kng, which are the best games I've ever played. I've played through Donkey Kong 1 for GameBoy at least 40-50 times, investing several houndrets if not thousends of hours. Games don't need a story, they need gameplay. And the gameplay you've provided, even though it may be simple, is extremely exciting to me.

So if you could provide additional levels in the future (and a level selection screen ;) ), this would be simple amazing.

Unfortunately, due to the development of graphic cards, people have a completely wrong understanding of what makes out a good game. The best game ever is chess imho, easy to learn, but incredible hard to master. You have almost no graphics ;), and the rules are relatively sparse and simple. And this game exists for more than thousand years. Game developers should orientate on that example.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Game looks excellent, but OMG @ the guy. :laugh: Here's the whole playlist btw:

The world looks very nice.

Combat looks a little messy at the moment, but that can always be fixed. I guess we won't know for sure until we get the finished product...

Nonsense, tomfoolery and abject stupidity, all of which can be found on my channel. (TDM stuff included)

Just ordered Spin Tires. Let's see how this turns out. I really need a new simu after having played ETS2 for several houndrets of hours.

• 1 month later...
*29* BUGS REMAIN, ROBERT SIROTEK AND THE FORCES OF DECLINE ARE TREMBLING AT THE PROSPECT OF A WORLD WHERE GRIMOIRE IS RELEASED. CAN IT BE TRUE? CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? IS ALL PREVIOUS HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

Come onnnnn! B)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Playing Risen 3 atm. It's the bomb. :)As good as the first part, and Gothic 1 & 2 at least IMO. Played 20 hours already, and it never got boring, because there's always something else to do, and the different island have different settings.

Good news!

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

*24* BUGS REMAIN, ROBERT SIROTEK AND THE GOLDEN BABY MACY's DAY PARADE FLOAT IS SLOWLY ENTERING THE AIRSPACE ABOVE YOUR HOME AT THE EDGE OF THE GOLF COURSE. CAN IT BE TRUE? CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? IS ALL PREVIOUS HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

:huh:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Not many games/mods out there which I am eagerly awaiting, but the few ones are:

1. Enderal (Nehrim was one of the 5 best games I have ever played, I expect another great "game" here)

2. Half Life 3 (No description needed, sequel of the best FPS of all time in my opinion)

3. The Elder Scrolls 6 (Hopefully with mod support, very important game for community/developer relationship and first person RPG games are awesome)

4. Underhell: Chapter 2 ( Chapter 1 was easily one of the best gaming experiences of all time for me; great atmosphere)

Game I would really like but will likely never happen:

- The Settlers 3 HD remake with better AI (best strategy/construction/economic game of all time in my opinion)

Edited by Cookie

I'm curious how the Landwirtschaftssimulator 2015 (Farming Simulator) will turn out. From what I've read the previous parts were pretty good.

There is also a survival game on early access on steam which looks pretty promising. I forgot the title, but you crashlanded on an isle and your daughter was taken away by savages and you have to find here. During that you have to survive. No overhelming creative story, but the gameplay seems funny.

And there is another DLC in the making for Euro Truck Simulator 2. It adds northern countries to the game.

Not what other players may be waiting for, but I think those belong to the few with the highest potential (except the new alien game as mentioned above) ;)

EDIT: Talking about remakes, I think a great game for one would be Forsaken. Played it one Playstation and later on pc, and it just kicked ass.

Doubt most here are in on the joke.

I'd like to say something like "Oh Cleve" to pretend I know or understand what the guy is about, but that'd be dishonest of me.

Cleve's insanity is half the added value in the Grimoire project. The other half is what promises to be the meanest Wizardry 7-clone since ... never. :laugh:

Coming next Friday!*

* Since 2012, in production since 1996 or 1997.

EDIT: Talking about remakes, I think a great game for one would be Forsaken. Played it one Playstation and later on pc, and it just kicked ass.

Ask lowenz for the oldies :D! No need for a remake!

Here it is: https://github.com/F...wiki/Quickstart

EDIT: and new textures: http://www.moddb.com/mods/forsakenx/downloads/texture-patch-031-10242048

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

I'm curious about this stealth scifi game Solarix they're talking about over on TTLG.

http://www.ttlg.com/...ad.php?t=141941

You can see in that thread I asked the guy about FMs, and he said he'll look into it, which is awesome to me since I've long been a fan of the idea of cyberpunk stealth maps.

I've been especially interested in the Voxel Farm engine development (Minecraft-like procedural generation of a Skyrim-like world), and even though a game hasn't been announced for it yet (although it's been licensed for other game like Everquest 2), I know when the base game comes out it's going to be very awesome, bigger than Minecraft. And if it's as mod-friendly as Minecraft, I expect to see a steady flow of the best fan adventure maps ever. Along with TDM maps, TDM & VF could rest as my go-to games for a long time.

I'm curious how the Landwirtschaftssimulator 2015 (Farming Simulator) will turn out. From what I've read the previous parts were pretty good.

I played the 2009 version and I believe 2012. I actually kind of like the self-contained simplicity of the earlier version (and small file size makes it portable), before things got more polished and went online and you got achievements and quests jobs and the like. I like my sims to be more "pure to real life" if you know what I mean. So I've stuck with the 2009 version.

But there's no denying you'll be able to do a lot more with the 2015 version; that's its big advantage. You run out of novel things to do in the older ones pretty quickly. The gameplay is still hokey and plodding, it is farming, and it's buggy, but if you get over all that then you'll probably like it. If you like sim kind of gameplay you'll like it.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.