The Dark Mod Forums

Solved audio lag Linux Mint 15 64bit

RamBurner

Ladro, even though Linux Mint is Ubuntu based there are differences between the two, some of them are great differences.

This works for Linux Mint 15 64bit with MATE,

That is unfortunate that the audio lag problem continues while using Ubuntu 13.04 32bit LTS

You need to keep experimenting with different things until one works.

Normally I killed Pulseaudio (you have to kill autospawn too), and I used Alsa instead.

But now I use an external sound card USB (soundblaster creative), and now Alsa in TDM it's not working unfortunately with this external device (i have no sound at all in TDM with pure Alsa). He works only with PulseAudio active, but I have random glichy or lag, that I can repair on fly only by exiting to the main menu, and change left with right option ("yes" or "not").

I'll do more tests, that's sure, I hope to find a solution :-D

Here's mine, from Mageia 3

seta s_dsp "/dev/dsp0"
seta s_driver "best"
seta s_alsa_lib "libasound.so.2"
seta s_alsa_pcm "front:CARD=halo,DEV=0" ***This one may be the critical one for performance, I do not remember, maybe needs to be in combo with other settings.***
seta s_libOpenAL "openal32.dll"
seta s_numberOfSpeakers "2" ***This can be very important if you leave pulseaudio enabled.
It must match your enabled speaker configuration.
If you change your card to 5.1 output, then number of speakers needs to be 6 AND the part of 's_alsa_pcm' setting which says 'front: ' needs to change to something like 'Surround5.1: ', though I will have to verify that.***

When I changed that 's_alsa_pcm' from 'default' to my named audio device*, I was able to leave pulseaudio alone and still have proper sound in TDM. *Though I have since set 'pasuspender' in my TDM launch path. I did have it working well without killing pulseaudio though.

* Use 'aplay --list-devices' to get your list of audio devices.

Mine is listed as:

card 0: halo [HT-Omega Claro halo], device 0: Multichannel [Multichannel]
 Subdevices: 1/1
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

So, the name of the card is what follows the card #... 'halo' in this case. The DEV setting is obviously the 'device' number.

...and the rest of the sound related stuff in my config:

seta s_doorDistanceAdd "450"
seta s_globalFraction "0.8"
seta s_subFraction "0.75"
seta s_playDefaultSound "1"
seta s_volume_dB "0"
seta s_meterTopTime "2000"
seta s_reverse "0"
seta s_spatializationDecay "2"
seta s_maxSoundsPerShader "0"

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

I've tried with these (and other) settings, but nothing changed.

My card it's marked "dev=MP3,DEV=0", I tried also with "front", "hw:", etc etc, in the "s_alsa_pcm" var, and a lot of other combinations, but nothing.

Anyway, i'll try more and more to solve this, there must be a solution B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...